Typing Queue

Christine

Re: Typing Queue

Postby Christine » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Now into week 9 since my letter was dictated and still no signs of it. I know we've had Christmas in the meantime and everything, but seriously, over two months to type a letter? I've never heard the like before. It's absolutely astonishing.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

emma kate

Postby emma kate » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:12 pm

I can relate entirely to you.I waited 8 weeks for a letter from cx informing my GP that i could start hrt and still nothing arrived.After a phone call to the clinic i went and spoke to my surgery practice manager who spoke to cx and they faxed a copy but it was another 10 days before the letter arrived by which time i had started hrt.Cx were addressing this issue with more secretaries and redistributing work loads but the situation dosent seem to have improved and waiting times for follow up appointments seem to be getting longer.Still good things come to those who wait.

Christine

Postby Christine » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22 pm

That's good to know, and I feel like I'm probably complaining a bit too much, but it's as surprising as it is frustrating. My GP faxed them a couple of weeks ago to ask what was happening but as far as I know she hasn't heard anything yet.

emma kate

Postby emma kate » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:59 pm

No i dont think you are complaining to much.I think that once you start out on a pathway to transition you want everything to move on quickly and you get frustrated because it seems to take an age for anything to happen and you seem to be making no progress at all.Certainly in my case i sometimes think i am in danger of developing a why me syndrome or persecution complex because i think it is only happening to me but in reality it is not just me.I think my problem is that i done nothing about my gender issues for over 30 yrs and when i finally realised that my issues were not going away and started the process of transition i want everything done straightaway and it dosent work like that.Last week i went to my endocrinologist hoping to have an implant put in to reduce my testostrone levels but the pathology decided because i am female and on oestrigin that testostrone levels didnt need doing and so i had to have another blood test and wait another 2weeks for the results before i can have the implant.Such i life in the world of the transgendered woman.Sorry about the long rant.

Christine

Postby Christine » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:20 pm

I think I'd settle for things moving along at all! Things "kind of" happen from an admin viewpoint but in terms of receiving any treatment I'm still waiting nearly two years since bringing up the subject with my GP, which is a bit tough. Like you, it's been something I've put off for 30 years so perhaps I could be a little more patient, but it feels like the floodgates have been opened. Well, emotionally speaking, since nothing that I haven't arranged myself has happened.

I'm feeling a bit rough around the edges as I saw a photo' of myself yesterday and it really was not good. I think actually weight loss is the main thing, as is doing something about my "terrified gormless" expression, and hopefully some minor adjustments like eyebrow waxing are the only other changes, but it is dispiriting when I realise that as things are I'm not going to pass, and I guess I hold out hope for hormones making at least some difference in that regard: and the longer it takes to get going, the longer it'll be before I see any effect.

My other half tried phoning them for an update about how much longer I can expect to wait, but they've gone back to not answering the phones (or correspondence, or...) so we're none the wiser.

Now that I've found the name of a private consultant I'm wondering if that wouldn't be the more painless option. And potentially less expensive as it'll probably require fewer trips into London, which at CX require at least one night in a hotel for fear of missing an appointment.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”