'Hollyoaks' tackle Gender Dysphoria

Place to discuss the FTM character in Hollyoaks British (UK) Teen Soap Drama
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: 'Hollyoaks' tackle Gender Dysphoria

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:08 am

wouldnt bother me

perhaps when someone trans or not is totally stable in their skin and devoid of all chips etc they can crossdress

men do crossdress you know - we are always seeing it and commenting on it doesnt make them a 'cd' its just a role - they are men so why cant trans men do the same? If they cant what is stopping them whats in there that bio men dont have? I think this is maybe a very liberating thing to do and perhaps interesting as an experiment - as to be so hostile to it even after one has transitioned maybe pathological. I mean actors wear makeup - does this mean an FTM would reject that too?

Neil Morrisey has played a number of roles that have involved crossdressing as have many others hes a man and married with kids yet he can also play a man behaving badly and is seen as a 'lad' with a pub and a brewery too what does he have and ftm doesnt? Hes and actor and acts the roles given to him as professional ftm actor would think the same i feel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Morrissey
Two films immediately to hand that has him crossdressing are Hunting Venus, and an episode where he crossdressed in Carrie & Barry, cant imagine him saying ewww i am not doing that, The new actress in hollyoaks certainly didnt have a problem with it - not being prepared to act may have a seriously influence on an FTM actor thats for sure ;)P

that said they could have got someone similar looking to have played the girl role first and then switched the actors and voices - this happened in the movie second serve - as the voice was made a little deeper than the original actresses voice

IM
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Return to “HollyOaks Transgender Forum”