Help please - Genital hair removal

evelyn

Help please - Genital hair removal

Postby evelyn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 am

Hi.
hope someone can help with this one.
dr barrett has just refered me for GRS which i am obviously very pleased about. but i am wondering about scrotal electrolysis. i know that once funding is sorted that this can be arranged easily enough, but would like to get it started to save some time. the thing is. Where do you get it done!!!!!
Hope someone can help.
Eve
xxx

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Steffi

Re: Help please

Postby Steffi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 pm

That depends where in the country you are. You can find members of the professional body in all areas from the link below.
If you can travel to South Manchester area then my electrologist is wonderful and has been treating transwomen for over 20 years
"Trish" is a member of British Institute & Association of Electrolysis and is under Greater Manchester and based in Timperley.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

evelyn

Postby evelyn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks Steffi, Manchester is a little off the track for me as i live in north hampshire.
Eve
xxx

Cassie

Postby Cassie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:38 pm

I had mine done at Transhealth in London. It's very expensive but they use local anaesthetic!

http://www.transhealth.co.uk/

Steffi

Postby Steffi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:18 pm

I have amended the title to make it easier for others to locate as a Subject

My comments HERE on Emla cream will be of interest if you are not visiting someone who uses injections.

- as you are probably aware, you do need to get started on this ASAP because there is not much time between getting your surgical referral letter and getting an actual surgery date. They also say that electrolysis should cease at least 14 days before surgery so that leaves very little time to get it done and assess regrowth etc.
If you aren't clear on which areas need treatment, there is a diagram on Mr Bellringer's site.
If a scrotal cap is to be used then the hair is best treated thoroughly - it is hard to kill due to the nature of the skin and will be at the deepest part of the neovagina so impossible to treat by any means after surgery.
Knowing what I know now, I would take a later date for surgery if necessary to ensure a reasonable time to clear it properly - this is your one chance to get it right for the rest of your life and if you do get hair-balls deep in the vagina it is an ongoing situation.

Ideally, genital hair removal needs to be started 6 or more months before surgery.
I am thankful that I seem to not have a problem despite only having seven weeks to prepare myself - but my electrologist is very good and I did not know then what I know now.
The surgeons can sometimes be alarmingly blase about this.
When I was in for my surgery there was a girl in for a brief investigation of vaginal problems with loss of depth and recurring infections. It turned out that she had a wad of hair like a Brillo pad at the top of her vagina and held there by the entanglement with hairs still rooted.
Those who do get subsequent problems with internal hair can suffer quite badly so do the best you can to get a result you have confidence in regardless.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Return to “Agony (registered users only)”