Doctors, meds and advice where do I go to get help?

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Doctors, meds and advice where do I go to get help?

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 pm

You could do worse than look at our library the said document is there plus a load nay a ton of others that may help :)
http://library.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=106#g
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi Sarah,

You're very welcome, I just hope that they are of use.
........I am going the private route for complicated reasons myself but I still have major involvement from my GP, blood work, speech therapy and prescriptions along with general support and she is really great...
I couldn't afford to go private and especially as I'm still with my wife of nearly 24 years (I now refer to her as my partner). I'm doing it the NHS way. To be honest, I would say - be prepared for everything to take a long time, a really long time. That being said, go fill that time with useful things that you need to get done anyway. Facial hair removal is one that I would suggest starting as quickly as possible (I started doing mine in June 2012) because it requires lots of treatments over a long period of time. I'm still having the odd session to clear up stubborn little blighters who remain but these are getting less and less. I know it's an odd thing to say, but I've always looked forward to my sessions because each one is one step closer to where I want to be.
........I would strongly suggest that you consider changing to another GP because you will need to feel comfortable talking to them on an ongoing basis in the future. I would personally choose a female one but there are good male ones as well........
Yes, I would agree with Casaluna. The troglodyte you are seeing at the moment is not going to be much use to you and you are better off finding another before you start your 'journey'. Don't rule out a male GP though, I've had both and they have both been wonderful with me. The first was a female who I came out to and who I told how I was feeling. She looked into what she needed to do and asked me if I wanted her to proceed with referral etc - I 'bottled it' and asked for more time to think about it. Several weeks later I said to her that I couldn't continue and she was fine. We then moved house and almost 2 years later (with my new male GP) I did the same again, including the thinking time AGAIN :eh: . This time I decided that I NEEDED to continue otherwise I would do something very silly. This is the same GP I have today and he is the one where I said that I would help him where I could and in return I expected that he would support/help me every step of the way - I said that 'I would like it if we could work through this as a team'. We've done that and I have been very pleased with him. I am now heading towards surgery (hopefully in March '15).

Just a quick point about my GP. In a recent conversation, he said how when we first met (and I eventually asked him to be 'referred') - he was quite alarmed. As he doesn't see me very often, the changes must be much more apparent to him because last time we met he said 'I can see the physical changes which are really quite dramatic AND I can see how much more happy you are'. Enough said [yesss] .

Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Ninja

Postby Ninja » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:10 am

hi sarahmason,
am going through exactly the same issue with unforgiving and ignorant gps, have seen three from the same surgery so far and theyve all stuck up for each other and repeated the same nonsense.

fact is,GPs are supposed to be following the NHS protocol for gender dysphoria which is GP visit>referal to gender identity clinic,there is no excuse for their ignorance,they get paid enough to keep up on basic protocols.

mine are trying to refer to a genetic disorder clinic as theyre so focused on seeing it as a disorder rather than a part of self,support staff of mine have quoted the protocol flow chart to them and we will take a copy of it to them if they dont get off their backsides and do something,theyre wasting NHS funds and time.

the manchester gay and lesbian switchboard [who also deal in TG matters] had told support staff its the norm to have obsticles placed in way whilst on the journey to getting accepted as TG and any proceeding hormones and surgery.keep strong,you have come all this way so far-it means waiting that bit longer to finaly be in the right gender.