Transition while Self Employed

JustMe

Re: Transition while Self Employed

Postby JustMe » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:34 pm

The way I had understood it on the other thread on here is that your employer had to vouch for you to ensure you weren't slipping back into a male role. It certainly sounded like overkill to me, and quite insulting. I'm glad that's not the case.
So sorry Ma'at, I think that was me that made the reference to the employer. I apologise for causing you anguish and also the misunderstanding. The Gender Clinics normally want proof that you are living in the Gender you choose to be - for me, a very good way to assist with this was by getting a letter from my employer. This letter stated, that since the start date of my RLE, my colleagues have been made aware of my circumstances and that I am living my life as a female. If I had been unemployed, they may have wanted some proof that I am going out into the world and functioning as a female (perhaps by helping with a volunteer organisation is a good way). All they want to know is that you are living and funtioning in your chosen gender and not spending your RLE locked away at home and never venturing out. In the case of being Self Employed, I would guess that they would accept a letter from a Customer perhaps? Ultimately, the Gender Clinics expect us to provide the evidence that we are indeed living in our chosen Gender - they are pretty flexible about it though, so you should discuss it with them about what would suffice.

Hope this helps.
Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ma'at

Postby Ma'at » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 am

Don't worry about it. My pessimistic mind must have decided to spin what I was reading into something much worse than reality :gigglersx:

hxlady

Postby hxlady » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 pm

name change costs £5 and can be done just by walking into a solicitors and asking for a Stautory Declaration stating that from that moment you will be using new name.
Then take that to bank, social security, etc and you are on your way.

**Moderated - potentially offensive section removed - Cassie**

Kelly Macdonald

Postby Kelly Macdonald » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi Ma'at,

I was self employed when I transitioned. This was not detrimental to my RLE .... in fact it was simply another way I proved I was living my life successfully as a woman. I also supplied information that I was a member of the ladies section at the golf club I was member of. Anything in your life which shows you are capable of living your life as woman only helps add credance to your journey.

I hope this helps :-)

Kelly
Kelly

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 pm

.....I also supplied information that I was a member of the ladies section at the golf club I was member of.....
Hi Kelly (and sorry Ma'at for hijacking your post :shrugs: ),

How did that work? I mean, playing as a lady at the Golf Club? The reason I am asking is that if I wanted to join a club of some description in the future, would they not consider that I had additional strength (I know I've lost some of that strength now but I think I may still be stronger than most women at the moment). I'm just interested that's all [yesss] .

Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Return to “Agony (registered users only)â€