Help please - Genital hair removal

JustMe

Re: Help please - Genital hair removal

Postby JustMe » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Christine,

I would question the opinion.

Everything I have ever read/heard about SRS is that MTF women need 'downstairs' hair removal. I've never heard that it's unnecessary. Indeed, I've been led to believe that it most definitely IS necessary [yesss] and that some surgeons will refuse to proceed if you've not had it done.

I'm of the belief that if you don't get it done and you have a full penile inversion - the hair will grow inside your new vagina. As time goes by, you will get matted hair in there which will create awful complications because it will still be attached and very difficult to remove and be very very unhygenic.

I may have completely misunderstood your post Christine but the way I read it, I was quite worried about that opinion.

Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Christine

Postby Christine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 am

I asked about it, and received this reply:
If uncircumcised then highly unlikely you will need to have hair removal.
Which seems to be in line with advice others have been given. I did ask for more clarification but didn't get any.

Obviously given the risk of potentially quite serious complications, I'm not really happy to just leave it there, but it would appear that's CX's policy (and presumably that of its surgeons) so I'm having to make my own arrangements. It is a bit of a worry, as well as being rather irritating.

Steffi

Postby Steffi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 pm

The thing is ........ this is the rest of your life. If hair does grow afterwards inside the neovagina, it is impossible to treat.
The surgeons may say that hair removal is "probably unnecessary" but for the sake of a relatively small amount of cash you can get it treated yourself and be sure.
- How lucky do you feel? :shrugs:

It's not THAT painful. In my own case, an hour before my session I daubed myself liberally with Emla and wrapped my genitals in a plastic bag. My pain levels were insignificant, in fact far less painful than having electro on my face.

The question that needs asking of the surgeon is "What stops the hairs present on the donor skin from continuing to grow after inversion?"
- If the answer is that the surgeon scrapes off all the hair follicles from the reverse side then that is a fairly reassuring answer.
But answers like "It is not usually a problem" do not reassure me at all.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Christine

Postby Christine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not making an argument to not do it. Even if he can scrape off the follicles, I'd still like to effectively insure myself by having them zapped anyway. My real discomfort isn't even the physical part (though I may change my tune once it starts!) but the awkwardness of up close and personal attention regarding a part of my body I wish wasn't even there. But I guess I'm going to have to get used to people looking at it. Maybe if I regarded it more as a growth, a medical problem that needs fixing, it'll be easier.

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Agony (registered users only)”