Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:26 am

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

JustMe

Re: Swiming Costumes

Postby JustMe » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:12 am

Hi Caitlin,

This was a worry for me too but one of the 'hurdles' I knew that I needed to cross.

I've been swimming in pools twice now. Both times have been on holiday in Hotels. The first was just after I started RLE in May (I think it was) last year. The second was over Xmas and so I'd been on HRT for 6 months. The second time was easier as the HRT was starting to work it's magic.

The method I use seems to work okay for me. I have some 'nude' colour control knickers which I pull on like normal knickers (tucking obviously) and then I pull on the swimming costume over them. The costume doesn't have high legs so they help to cover up the knickers. The knickers seem to help keep everything tucked and the effect is 'no percievable bulge' and also a relatively flat tum [yesss] . The costume is mostly black so it hides a multitude of sins (black's good for that). For summer this year, I may try to get some control knickers with a thong back and give those a go (there's less chance of the knickers showing under the costume. I think if you are thinking of getting a coloured costume, a bold and busy pattern would help hide any lines from the knickers underneath.

I won't feel comfortable wearing a bikini until after surgery, too much can possibly go wrong with that :gigglersx: and it would be difficult to hide the knickers underneath.

The first time you step out is a little nerve racking but do what I do, 'take the bull by the horns and go for it'. I always think - once you've stepped out off that 'diving board', you can't step back so you might as well make the best dive you can, above all - just act as if you have done it all your life (inside, you will be 'bricking it' but actually it isn't so bad). In fact, over Xmas I found myself wondering what the big deal was - it just felt right so if people couldn't accept me then that was their problem.

Hope this helps Caitlin.
Hug
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustMe

Re: Swiming Costumes

Postby JustMe » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Hey, you are more than welcome Caitlin [yesss] .

I'm in agreement about those swimsuits with the little skirt thing - just not for me either.

I'd assumed that you were already tucking. I'd suggest to start giving it a go - it does take a little getting used to and it can feel a little uncomfortable for long periods at first. It's not really something I think about anymore as I've actually been tucking 24/7 for 10 years or so (some say it's not good for you but I'm fine with it). The thing with wearing a swimsuit is that you need to feel confident whilst tucked. As I'm confident when tucked (because it's the norm for me) it's one less thing to think about when I need to wear a costume.

I would say that whilst wearing a swimming costume - remember to be confident in yourself (yes, here we go about that confidence thing again and that 'confidence is an act................'). Think about what cis women do when they get into or exit the pool - do you see them scurrying for their towel to cover up? No, they walk confidently across and get on with whatever they need to do. Cis women have bits of their bodies that they absolutely don't want to show off to the world - they get on with it but they don't skulk around (that draws attention to themselves). You should do the same - remember, you have every right to use the pool just as every other woman there does. Skulk, and you draw attention to yourself - act confident and although people may look, their attention will soon pass.

A sarong is a good thing to cover up with (many women use them) though personally I've not used one. The colour and pattern of a swimsuit can help. The one I've worn so far has been black with some diagonal stripe details across the waist area (they give the illusion of a slimmer waist). A black swimsuit is good for hiding some 'detail' around the crotch area. I need to get a swimsuit in nice colours for our summer holiday in the sun.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful Caitlin.
Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Return to “Agony (registered users only)”