What are you reading at the moment?

Flameboy

Re: What are you reading at the moment?

Postby Flameboy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm reading 'Is it just me or is everything sh*t? 2' but I might stop because like everything, this book is sh*t! :lol: (the first one was quite funny, this one just seems po faced and bitter. :roll:)
That's a shame - I enjoyed the first one too, and was thinking about getting the second one as well, but it sounds like it's not gonna be worth it.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

snowdoggy

Postby snowdoggy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:56 am

I'm not sure that it is the most English book ever written - I'm not English and I love it! It is, however, one of the greatest books ever written!
Get away!!! That's a revelation... you're not Welsh are you? Or Scottish? Or even worse from Barnsley? One of us on here is more than enough ;)

John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:23 am

Get away!!! That's a revelation... you're not Welsh are you? Or Scottish? Or even worse from Barnsley? One of us on here is more than enough ;)
John
I'm English, with tiny bits of Scottish and French ( :oops: ) heritage ;) I have an auntie in Barnsley, I think. Or is it Burnley? Strange how many Southerners are up here (I'm Southerner in all but birthplace!).

The constant references to tea in the book make me thirsty, but it's rather funny when you get things like (this isn't an actual passage. Well, it is, but I've forgotten the original text):
Arthur suddenly realised what was missing.
"Where can I get tea on this spaceship?" he said.

:lol:
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

jaketspudd

Postby jaketspudd » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm just about to start 'the boys' vol 6
by gareth ennis - if it's anything like the last
5 volumes, I can't wait .... Does anyone else
read graphic novels?
Tc Sam

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:04 pm

I do, but aside from one or two, I only read Marvel or Crossgen titles. Watchmen is pretty much the only exception I have to that rule.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Return to “Social Chit Chat”