Help needed. Your experiences with hysterectomy?

FTM transmen issues.
Cloe

Help needed. Your experiences with hysterectomy?

Postby Cloe » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:06 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, a qu*er female from Greece, and i'm writing this post on behalf of my boyfriend, who is a trans man still transitioning.
He doesn't have the time and knowledge of English to post so i'm doing it for him. I'm sorry for any grammar/dictionary mistakes.
So i'm going to give you some background on his transitioning to understand the situation better.

He started his Hormone Therapy before a year and a half, he is 36 now. He is taking the HRT with gel, not injection (his endocrinologist
insists on that), with no estrogen blockers, and he is on half the recommended dosage because the full dosage gives him bad and
continuous migraines. The theraphy also has messed up his vision in his one eye and he is currently looking for a doctor for treatment.
Lately he has started to have serious thoughts of having a Hysterectomy (he hasn't done any surgeries yet) because he is afraid of
ovaries/cervix/etc cancer due to atrophy/inactivity from not having a period (i do not know if i have described it with the right words,
this is the best i can do). Of course he is going to talk with doctors about the removal and what are the cons and pros of the
operation, and i have read that there is a long list of the cons. He does have dysphoria although not strong enough to have bottom
surgery and he is very concerned about his health, and will not risk his health more, for transition. But the most he cares about is his
libido and sex responce, and he doesn't want to risk losing or even lowering sensation or the intensity of his orgasms.

He is thinking to stop his HRT in some years from now, maybe 2 or 3, when he reaches a point with enough changes on his body and face, like more facial hair, he seems like a teenager now with those very fine hair that are now coming out. He already likes what he sees though. And his
voice has dropped enough.
Taking HRT for many years is risky for him because he has already have difficulties in 1and half years of taking it and with half a dose
(migraines, bad vision).

So the thoughts and the problem are these:
a) Say he goes for Hysterectomy. He must take hormones for ever. But hormones are complicating his health. And the operation may mess up
his libido and sex responce.
b) Say he doesn't do it. He is afraid of cancer. And he also doesn't like the idea of having period again and mood swings once he stops
the HRT in some years. But he also will not be messing with his sex drive, which he is overly afraid of losing.

Sooo can you provide us with any experiences on that? And did any of you have any problems with your sex drive and sex life in general
due to hysterectomy? This is VERY important to him.

Thank you for any responces!!
If i have posted it in a wrong section i'm sorry, please move it where it should be.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

tzone
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help needed. Your experiences with hysterectomy?

Postby tzone » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:38 am

#Replies We will put the word out on this and see if we can get some advice from trans*men with experience with this issue so stay tuned...

Cloe

Postby Cloe » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 am

Thank you :) I will

tzone
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tzone » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi if you click BLOG on this site you can go join our free Facebook Group which is very busy! However if not Our kind friend and Member there has responded to your post and here is the conversation we had!

Are you a Trans*Man? Can you help answer this question in our forums? Thank you!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5542
Help needed. Your experiences with hysterectomy? - Transgender Zone Forum #FTM #transman #help

Jake Perez
Your Endocrinologist should’ve and been working with you on the options for this love. I do have a history of migraine headaches and I’m on medications for them, but I take injections. I’m 8 months in on T and due for top surgery in January of next year. I’m sure your seeing a Primary Care Doctor as well...am I correct? Cause they would be great to have to explain bout the migraine headaches and vision problems your boyfriend is having as well as to see bout medication options and whether the surgery would be good option for you due to the issues your having. As for surgeries...in regards to hysterectomy which I’ll be planning to get after top surgery...and any questions you have in regards to libido that should be discussed with Endocrinologist. Also blood should be drawn at least every 3-4 months to check T-levels. Now depending how far long your on T...you should not have to worry bout periods as they will go away eventually depending on person. For me as I was perimenopausal at the time I started...the first month it ended. I’m 42, and proud to be where I am. Tell your boyfriend that I know what he’s going through with those migraine headaches. It’s a working process and takes time, but you must not give up. I hope this helps and if ya need anything...I’m here k?
Sam Johnson
badge icon
Are you happy for me to copy this over to the forum thread or would you prefer to post it and register there yourself? It might be better to register? Its free. :)x
· Reply · 2m

Tzone
Xx
· Reply · 2m
If ya want to copy this over to the forum thread...that’s quite alright :thumbup:

tzone
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tzone » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:51 pm

#Replies

Return to “Generalâ€