LOWER SURGERY

FTM transmen issues.
thefishkeeper
FTM Admin
FTM Admin

LOWER SURGERY

Postby thefishkeeper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:59 am

This is all about Lower surgery?

That can include Metoidioplasty and Phalloplasty.

you can post links of photos.

I am hoping that FTM's who have had their surgery will be happy to help others who are thinking of going that route.

Thefiskeeper

:ugeek:
Too many years fighting the tears, Why can't the past just die. Try to for give, teach me to live, give me the strength to try. No more memories, no more silent tears, no more gazing across the wasted years, help me to say. Goodbye"

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

snowdoggy

Re: LOWER SURGERY

Postby snowdoggy » Thu May 20, 2010 4:01 am

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to have a stab at a lower surgery thread, never an easy one :?

Having looked at what is going on with mtfs in regard to lower surgery on other parts of the forum I really would like to give an insight on what it is like to go through a radial free forearm flap operation for any guys who are considering this surgery.

Primarily I would like to point out that this is only from my own personal experience and I really do need to stress that I have spoken with other guys and we all get a different ride and varying results from this procedure.

I would also like to point out that I have been asked to do this rather than it seeming like I am coming across as just showing off that I have got to this stage.

Believe me it is not that simple.

As things stand at the moment, the only way to achieve what I am now hoping to have is via MAJOR disfiguration of one of your forearms, obviously the one that is the major arm you use (ie right handed they will use your left arm as long as no damage has been occurred upon it until that point). Also other parts of your body may receive fairly moderate damage depending on what spare skin/flesh you have in excess. In my case, as I have little in the stomach department, resulted in my bum being used. I didn't have much there either but that's another story :roll:

Once you get your head around this (which I never did) you then have to consider how much of an impact this is going to have on your day to day life. Work, personal, physical etc and whether you are capable of going the whole hog.

In the UK this is currently achieved via 4 ops. I have been recently informed you can have it done via 2 ops in Belgium. I did look into this and it seems that, as far as time off work is concerned at least, it makes little difference, as you need to take more time off to get over the same degree of surgery in the same time space. It works out to be about the same time sick leave wise. I was worried about the fact if you get any problems, having it done abroad, it will mean you going over to Belgium etc etc and also the problem of (any) possible language barriers.

I’ll start as much as I can towards the beginning…

I always thought that once I got on hormones, got the voice breaking, got the facial hair, the upper body strength etc that that would be enough for me combined with having the chest surgery. I was surprised to find out (like many guys) that once I got to that stage I would not feel complete unless I got the lower surgery done too. I don’t know why this is. I just know that I am not alone with this. Maybe looking in the mirror with my new build and male chest, then looking down “there”, it did not seem right. Maybe worse than before I started in some ways, it didn’t fit? I don’t know but either way it became an obsession, a battle between being scared of having the full scale lower surgery with all the nastiness that comes with it and the fear that I was getting older and never being happy with my full naked body.

I was lucky that Leeds GIC brought the subject up as to whether I wanted lower surgery. I was surprised as I thought it was something you had to badger them for. I told them I would think about it and let them know. They never pushed any of this by the way. Just offered this option if that is what I desired.

I hope this is ok as a starting point and (hopefully) other guys will come along and add their own experiences. I was going to put this on my blog but have been encouraged that it may be better to start a post on the new forum that more people may see as this is not a common thread that most (nearly) post guys do.

If people are interested I will add more to this thread, including hospital and actual surgery experience as it happens (from the stage I am currently at).

I have already had the first stage, which I have been told is the hardest (and most painful) part. It’s not easy to talk about like chest surgery is but if there is an interest I am happy to try and give an incite into what is involved and (hopefully) what it feels like both physically and mentally to go through this procedure.

John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

DreamDungeon

Postby DreamDungeon » Thu May 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Wow, great post, John. Very honest and open. things like this are always useful for pre-op guys that are still thinking about the options. I could say I'm one of them, even though currently I'm significantly leaned towards metoidioplasty. It seems quite okay (for me) to get over the size issue and be left with your own tissue (sensitivity aspect), but that's just my opinion. It's not about money here (I hate that factor), it's about how it works for different guys. I'm sure everyone sees things their own way and I hope they get to a solution that will make them happy. Best wishes from me.

Hraesvelgur

Postby Hraesvelgur » Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 pm

John;
It's really hard to find good information/experiences on the ftm lower surgeries, and it would be really great if you could tell how it all went (and will go) for you. Thank you for posting that already, rises thoughts about various things that are usually left in shadow of other more pleasant things.

snowdoggy

Postby snowdoggy » Fri May 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks both of you for your replies.

I will add more later. I just thought I'd post a few pics of my donor site arm. I only posted these on my blog on the old forum. Finding it a bit confusing what to post on here and what to post on my blog as I want to keep a record of this on my blog too :?

WARNING: Surgery shots that some people may find offensive and/or could make you queasy :o

These first shots were taken about 4 weeks after my op:-
Contact me by pm for info

These two phtotos were taken today, which is about 11 weeks post op:-
Contact me by pm for info

I'm pleased with how it is healing. The only things is over the last 2-3 weeks all the nerve endings have started to come back into life and I am actually in more pain now than when the earlier pics were taken. Also I think as the scars are healing I am getting a tight, gripping like feeling all over the donor area. Not nice but also not unbearable.

I'm applying Bio Oil to the whole of my forearm daily and have to flush through the phallus weekly, although I am also doing this daily, more or less (after I've had a bath) and have been advised that it won't hurt. It did get clogged once or twice so I have decided to do it more regularly.

My phallo itself is coming along nicely now. I developed a small hole under the phallo after the op but this has now completely filled in/healed over. This hot, close weather we've been having over the last few days have been annoying in the trouser department sweat wise, the phallo sticks to my leg when it gets sweaty. My mate (male) said I am lucky it's long enough to get stuck to my leg :lol:

But other than these few minor niggles which I know I am lucky to be able to moan about all is well and my next op (stage 2) is now definitely booked for the 19th June.

John
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Return to “General”