Mr. Mansoor S. Khan (top surgery)

FTM transmen issues.
Alan

Mr. Mansoor S. Khan (top surgery)

Postby Alan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Has anyone had surgery with Mr. Khan? I know it's a bit of a long-shot as he said he'd only done about 3 chest reconstructions, but I thought it was worth asking anyway.

I gather he's quite experienced with reconstructive surgery but I haven't been able to find out anything about his work on transmen yet, although I only met him this afternoon so I'll have to have a dig-around at the weekend.

Any info gratefully received!

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Flameboy

Re: Mr. Mansoor S. Khan (top surgery)

Postby Flameboy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Sorry, that's not a name I've heard before I'm afraid. It might be worth asking on the FTM-UK Yahoo group though, as there's a lot more guys on there than there are here - one of them might be (or know) one of the three he's done previously.

So how did it go in general today? What did he say about mastectomy v chest reconstruction? Or have you posted all that in another thread that I haven't found yet...

:-)

Alan

Postby Alan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 pm

To save hijacking the Hampshire PCT thread I'll only reply to this one. :D I'd just write the same in both anyway!

As for how it went in general, I've got no concerns about having chest reconstruction done there. It's a nice hospital and the people that I saw all had a good bedside manner. I'm quite a grouchy patient (especially when asked to remove my shirt :mrgreen: ) so they did a good job with me!

Mr Khan spent some time stressing the importance of leaving some fat under the skin so it looked like a normal chest and didn't go all concave, he seems to know what he's talking about as far as I could gather. We also covered nipple grafts and resizing etc, so it seems to be exactly what I'm after.

It might be a bit premature as I'm not even booked in yet, but I'll make sure to post some results photos here.

All that's left for me to do now before the surgery is to shift some weight and get some pecs!

Flameboy

Postby Flameboy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Great news Alan, I'm really pleased he seems like a good surgeon for you! Any idea how long it'll be then? You should be subject to the 18-week rule for it, shouldn't you?

Did he actually mention anything about the terminology btw? It does sound like he's going to do what we'd call chest reconstruction - but did he call it double mastectomy or chest reconstruction?

:-)

Alan

Postby Alan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:55 pm

He definitely didn't call it a mastectomy, I'm not sure that he actually said the words "chest reconstruction" either as he was mainly being descriptive (I could be wrong as I'm not the best when it comes to remembering people's turn of phrase), but according to what I found on the interwebs he has a lot of experience (12 years, I think) in plastic reconstruction, so I'm more than happy with his credentials.
He said he'd expect it to be 2 thin white scars eventually, although he's presumably making the assumption I'm not prone to keloid scarring or whatever it's called. Sounds good to me!

Time-wise he said he was quite busy and it would probably be scheduled for "the end of summer", whenever that is :? . 18 weeks is about 4 months so I'd imagine it'll be within that time-frame.

He was very trans-friendly, although he did use the word "convincing" at one point which I probably scowled at, but we'll cut him some slack as he's not got very much experience with us, bless him(!) :mrgreen:

Return to “General”