Top Gear in hot water again? This time it is Transpanic and "Ladyboy!"

Media and Television that affects the trans community.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Top Gear in hot water again? This time it is Transpanic and "Ladyboy!"

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:22 pm

---

Top Gear
09/02
BBC TWO

Hammond - "Oh he is not in a good way at all!"
Clarkson - "He?!"
May - "It's a girl!"
Hammond - "Oh yeah!"
May - "Or is it though?!"

Image bbc

Clarkson - "It's a girl from where I am (standing). Just have a look under there!

Hammond lifts the blanket and screams (transpanic), as the manikin has a penis.

Image bbc

Hammond - "There's a thing! It's got a!!!"
CLARKSON - "LADYBOY!!!!"

Issue

Transgender Zone has raised concerns over the use of the term Ladyboy for comedy value and a transpanic scene in BBC's flagship programme Top Gear.

Comment

Isn't it strange that Jeremy Clarkson under his breath says the nursery Rhyme Ennie-Meenie containing the 'N-word' (which was barely audible even on the leaked video clip), that was not even broadcast, and he was hauled over the coals and forced to make a public apology.

Yet in this episode, he is heard to openly mock Richard Hammond in the back of their converted ambulances and uses the term 'Ladyboy'! When racing ambulances around the track in the BBC2 prime time show.

The male manikin 'resuss' dummy has been adapted with sausages for intestines and so on to add to the 'comedy value' of the race so they can get covered in gore when 'they cross the line'. How on earth they scripted the dialogue to somehow mock transgender people is beyond me.

And I can hear a pin drop as far as anyone else raising the issue! So much for trans activism eh? I suspect I am one of the few who even noticed. Or care.

This is the BBC's flagship programmme being transphobic, transgender people are not freaks or even something to scream at if you spot one. Being trans* is something that cannot easily be changed anymore than skin colour can be changed.

Yet the BBC never thought to sanction it.

So if you are in the workplace Monday Morning and two 'lads' shout to each other, "Ladboy!" and scream for a laugh, It appears it is perfectly fine by the worlds leading broadcaster (BBC) to accompany this with transpanic and screams.

You see this is where it starts... And if it goes unremarked it will get progressively worse.

There is a risk, like the word 'GAY' became a buzz word for BAD left unchallenged resulted in it sticking. This equally if unchallenged could lead to the show and others contiually using this term and as this sells the world over, as Top Gear is one of the BBC's greatest money-making exports, it therefore has to be addressed, as less tolerant countries could begin to adopt it as a term of mockery rather than it's context-specific use by Thai Nationals and Thai Transgender women who have ownership of the term - they should not have said it sorry!

---
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

es0127

Re: Top Gear in hot water again? This time it is Transpanic and "Ladyboy!"

Postby es0127 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Hey everyone

I would like to share this story with you all in hopes that you will read it and offer any feedback. It is about a transfemale transition.

http://www.skedline.com/news/from-he-to ... ansgender/

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Top Gear in hot water again? This time it is Transpanic and "Ladyboy!"

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:24 pm

We have approved this link as it is a nice story. But first posts as link usually do not make it through. :) :noway:

Please no more links for now. Let's hear about you and why you posted it :)x PS as this is off-topic try and choose the correct categories.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30