Trans Hair Removal Resources

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Hellfrozeover

Trans Hair Removal Resources

Postby Hellfrozeover » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:15 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where you could post your recommendations (or not) on which hair removal places have worked well for you. Hair removal can be a very important part of male to female transition (and often important for females in general) so finding the right place can be a godsend!

Keep it realistic, short, sweet, realistic and discussion-free.

After attending appointments there for almost two years, I can happily recommend Sk:n. They have clinics all over the UK so are accessible to most people. I started off going there pre-transition and explained why I was getting hair removal. Their staff couldn't have been friendlier or more understanding and allowed me to use my 'new' name from day one. I still go for occasional appointments and the staff make sure to ask about how everything is going and know me by name. As far as I'm aware, they're trained to deal with trans customers but their attitudes are brilliant regardless. They're excellent with a laser too!

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Cassie

Re: Trans Hair Removal Resources

Postby Cassie » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:29 pm

I had my IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatment at Transhealth http://www.transhealth.co.uk/ along with everything else to do with my transition. It's expensive (£160 for half an hour) and stings a little, but very effective on darker hair. Seven sessions has just about done the job. I'll be looking for some electrolysis closer to home to finish off the light hairs.

jackie.j

Postby jackie.j » Fri May 07, 2010 1:13 pm

I use laser clinic in Northampton http://laserhairclinic.co.uk/
Staff are lovely there and they do make you feel welcome.
Price for 15 min - £45
Emla cream ( I could not go without it lol ) £20, you are coming an hour earlier befor your treatment, nurse puting a cream on your face in a spare privet room. They gives you drinks,magazines even a duvet if you fancy little nap while you waiting lol :D I do recomend this place. I had 7 sessions there with fab efets!

Millie

Postby Millie » Fri May 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Those prices seem really good and might be an idea for me as I think that I will have small patches that need further treatment after my current course, so the fact that they charge by laser time will be good for me :)
Advancing to what?

jackie.j

Postby jackie.j » Fri May 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Im glad Millie that you found my post usfull :) Like I said I do recomend them and I bet u wont be let down! Take care and good luck!

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tipsâ€