Trans Hair Removal Resources

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion
Jane_D_C

Jane's ELOS Results: September 2011

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:46 pm

I have posted earlier pictures earlier in this thread:

The technique mentioned is ELOS. It combines intense pulsed light (IPL), which is not strictly laser, with radio frequency. My 13th session was one week less than a month ago.

I combine it with using Vaniqa cream.

I have been using it. You can see pictures showing the results scattered through this post

here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=20#p8879,

here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=30#p9441,

here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=40#p12636,

here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=50#p13543,

here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=60#p17420.

here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=90#p21757

and here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13&start=90#p24073

I think there's less dark hair than last time. Anyone else have an opinion?

Jane

x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Jane_D_C

ELOS light and radio based hair removal

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:13 pm

There is no point in supplying further pictures. The most recent-but-one ELOS session did not remove much if any facial hair. I had earned a free session, which I took, with no optimism about the outcome. I am not going to continue with light based treatments.

It will have to be electrolysis from here on in. I am researching the topic at the moment. Your average electrologist will have little experience of transsexual beard removal. Male beard hair is thicker and deeper-rooted than female facial hair. They will not necessarily know where that fine line is between under-doing it, and killing nothing, and overdoing it and causing scarring. So far I have discovered that Transhealth, Richard Curtis’ clinic, will do beard electrolysis under anaesthetic. If there is enough hair, you can book one or two whole days, which will help with the notorious problem of needing three days’ beard growth to give the electrologist something to work with.

I will let you know what else I discover. Do feel free to share your own experiences.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

Jane_D_C

Genital hair removal

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:27 pm

One of the less fun aspects of MtF transition is that some surgeons, such as Phil Thomas, require the penile and scrotal donor tissue to be cleared of hair.

I have begun the process of scrotal hair removal. I eventually concluded that this had to be done by an expert. Your local clinics just don’t know enough. In my case a slight complication is that I have been circumcised and therefore need to clear a greater area of scrotum to provide donor tissue.

So I took the hit on cost (£160 a session plus train fare) to get the job done at Richard Curtis’ clinic Transhealth. I have had four IPL sessions, and will now need about four electrolysis sessions. They will be a lot cheaper (£70 per hour). The IPL is done without anaesthetic, and it jolly well hurts :whip: . Eventually a friend suggested Emla cream. I surreptitiously rubbed this on before the last two sessions, as well as taking two prescription strength painkillers, and that was bearable :tongueoutx: . Emla cream may be a bleach, which could be counter-productive, I don’t know. I do know that there is a lot less hair there.

It only took about five minutes to do the pubic area, so we used the remainder of the half-hour to clear my stomach hair. Four IPL sessions on that has been amazingly effective. Some very unpleasant-looking hair just ain’t there any more. The same IPL strength that caused agony in the genital area was completely painless on the abdomen.

The electroloysis will be done with lidocaine, the local anaesthetic that dentists use. All I can say is, “Thank goodness for that!”

Jane :shock:
Proud to be feminine

Pink Bunny

Re: Trans Hair Removal Resources

Postby Pink Bunny » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Well like Jane I've been circumcised, & upto now, I've had 1of 8 IPL sessions of penile / scrotal hair removal.

I bought a tube of Emla Cream, & applied a good amount prior to my journey to the Claremont Hospital.

My Regrowth has lessened, & I may not need 8 sessions down below. So I'm hoping to use up what I've got left on the middle part of My Top Lip.

Byeee Robyn Suzanne. :wavey:

Steffi

Re: Trans Hair Removal Resources

Postby Steffi » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Emla cream often gets dismissed as rubbish but it does work - most people don't do it right.

Rub a little Emla into the area, then daub it on quite thickly and cover with cling-film or a piece cut from a freezer bag and tape down the edges with micropore tape.
You need to do this at least an hour before going for electrolysis and up to 5 hours before - the longer the better. Every few minutes, work the cream around by rubbing over the plastic.
Given time, it can make you very numb.
Emla comes in small tubes at about ÂŁ5 and large tubes at ÂŁ20 in a Surgical Pack which includes a wooden spatula and a leaflet telling you what I just told you above.

The numbness from a 4-hour long application starts subsiding after about 40 minutes.

I cover my face in sections and my electrologist uncovers each section as she come to it.
I have to catch a bus and a tram to get to her, so hold a scarf over my face - the pain of any stares or quips is a lot less than the pain of good electro.
It pays to do it, because you can just keep still for the whole session, take no break and the elctrologist can crack on with the job and her power level is not limited by your pain threshold.

For genitals, apply as above and just wrap a plastig bag around the lot - it's not going to be visible under your knickers etc. Genital electro did not hurt me at all.

You see my beard in the Before and After thread?
I've had 12 sessions of laser/IPL and 60 hours of electro and I'm very close to finished now, just sparse fine hairs. My electrologist charges ÂŁ35 per hour and has been treating transwomen for 30 years.
She's in Timperley, (South Manchester)
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Return to “Fashion, beauty, grooming hints and tips”