Marriage before GRC

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
LJP

Marriage before GRC

Postby LJP » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi, I am James and I am new here. I am hoping someone can help pont me in the right direction.

I have known I was transgender for many years, but I am just beginning the process of transitioning to become male. I have my first appt at the GIC in a few days time. I wish to marry my girlfriend, now fiance, in the coming year, but I want to be married as husband and wife. I understand that I will not be able to obtain a gender recognition certificate before this happens and legally it will be a same sex marriage. My worry is the legallity of what we want to do. I have conections with my local church through my family and we are accepted in the church community as a lesbian couple. We are lucky that our vicar is open to the idea of officiating at our wedding. I have not approached the transgender issue as yet but am certain that the vicar, who is a good friend will be supportive (though I cannot speak for all the congregation).

My question is this... can we marry as husband and wife as a (techinically) same-sex couple, and what are the implications of this once I do get the GRC later on? Of course I would also like to marry in a church, but I am not sure if this is allowed.

I have searched the internet, but found all the information so confusing... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ta

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Marriage before GRC

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Well historically (even with same sex marriage as that came into force at the time of the Gender Recognition Act also) one has to dissolve the marriage and start over.

Now since then things have moved on. So rather than wing-it it is always best to contact the Gender Recognition Panel and ask them directly - they are very helpful - even for those who have had their certificate for years (copies etc).

Contact them right now and do let us know the answer so others can find out :)

Gender Recognition Panel
PO Box 9300
Leicester
LE1 8DJ
Fees

Contact the administrative team at the Gender Recognition Panel for advice on the application process.

Gender Recognition Panel
GRPenquiries@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: +44 (0) 300 1234 503
Find out about call charges as they may vary re Mobile.

There is a Q and A FAQ on this page that may also help. ;)
https://www.gov.uk/apply-gender-recognition-certificate
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:31 pm

#Replies
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

jbross

Postby jbross » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi James,

Realise this post is pretty old now private message meif this is something you still need to talk about. I'm unable to do this for some reason.

Cheers

Return to “General”