Numbers of Surgeries and referrals at Charing Cross FOI

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Numbers of Surgeries and referrals at Charing Cross FOI

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:20 pm

I know of people who waited many years before having surgery and still are in two minds about if it is the right thing or not and I equally know others who waited the minimal time and are happy as 'sandboys' or larry - who is Larry?

In other words in the end it is down to the individual and if someone is is desperately body dysmorphic no amount of warnings or cautions will stop them. After all said and done, you cann decide if it was the right thing to do or not unless you do it?

It is like Skydiving - some chutes don't open some are full of cutlery AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

However some cannot get enough of it and even go onto more extremes like base jumping off Canary Wharf! Telling them to stop or even reminding them they could die is pointless. They know the risks and are 'happy' to take them. Image

CHARING CROSS HERE I COME!!! :shrugs: [yesss] :roll: :noway: :angeleyes: :lol: :shock: :o ;) :D :wtf: :wave: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :silent: :think: :shifty: :shh: :problem: :lolno: :crazy: :eh: :clap: :makeupx: :angel: :tongueoutx: :kiss: :gigglersx: :-)
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Christine

Re: Numbers of Surgeries and referrals at Charing Cross FOI

Postby Christine » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:34 pm

I think with the vast majority of people it's very straightforward, and the GICs are doing much, much more harm than good by either fast-tracking or slow-tracking people, especially as there seems to be absolutely no reason for selecting people for either. Ultimately, the GICs have to assume informed consent and that their patients know what they're doing. In the majority of cases, they'll be right. There'll always be a few where it wasn't the right decision, but in trying to second-guess their patients, they're taking a small problem and making it into a big problem.

Personally speaking, Barrett et al won't even give me a reason why they won't refer me for surgery, though I suspect the problem stems from the regretters allowing less than ideal clinical practises predominate where the cure is much worse than the disease. And I'll freely admit that I strongly resent anybody I see as being an architect of that: this has been the year from hell for me because of being held back, and I've seen others both teeter and fall over the brink in no small part because of it. So I very strongly resent being told to just suck it up by someone who actually had it much better than I ever will.

Edit: in case anybody isn't getting the message, the stress of being repeatedly pushed to the back of the queue for no reason, of being mucked about, of having really questionable decisions made that have no clinical merit but which have been at a serious cost to me, because of the regretters, have pushed me to the brink of suicide multiple times this year. I've never been that desperate before. I may never recover from the damage caused. I may not see the end of the year. And the way things are, I almost hope I don't.

I'd be interested to hear how things could possibly be any worse if I'd been referred for surgery in a normal and timely manner. So don't lecture me that this is somehow for my benefit. It isn't.

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:16 pm