cross dresser or transsexual ?

Changed your mind about changing gender roles? Discuss it here.
JustMe

Re: cross dresser or transsexual ?

Postby JustMe » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 pm

You made some very good points Jenni.

I think that you may be missing a very significant point though - the psychs are only able to work with the information given to them. The current way of getting that information is by directing questions to the patient (obviously, there are other elements too such as when they meet at appointments as well as lots of other factors too). The decisions made by the psych will only be as good as the information that has been given to him/her. If a patient is desperate enough, they will say what they perceive to be the answers that the psych 'wants' to hear. The psych has to listen to and act on the replies he/she gets from the patient. All that the psych can do is to assess and hopefully (if the patient is trying to deceive him/her), they will trip themselves up and be exposed to the psych. It would be at this point that the psych would remove the patient from the Careplan.

Let's face it though. The patient has take responsibility for their own actions here. The psych can only do so much to ensure that the correct diagnosis is made but if a patient is desperate enough - they will find ways of 'getting through' the system. The only person they are deceiving is themselves. They will ultimately pay the price though - on the 'other side' when it's too late to reverse their decision. Thankfully, the occurences of regret are very rare (thought to be around 1 - 2 %).
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

jenniferD

Postby jenniferD » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:11 pm

I agree
Last edited by jenniferD on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

jenni361

Postby jenni361 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:34 pm

yea I agree theyre not mind readers and if they are doing their jobs and if some guy who doesn't even know what he wants out of life makes the decision to deceive everyone its nobodys fault but his own couldn't agree more :-) I think in places where psychs are actually not doing their jobs or are being careless eventually they are going to be sued and that will cause the system to correct itself eventually and itll just take time and I also think eventually itll become easier here as it should imo but I think your right in most cases theres just one person to blame its just a huge mistake for someone to make yikes :? but oh well some people are crazy what can ya do lol

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:04 am

Last edited by Casaluna on Thu May 14, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jenni361

Postby jenni361 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:59 am

true it would be hard to prove and im really not sure now if it is the psychs fault the more I think about it the more I think it really cannot be blamed on anyone else but the one who has made the decision to seek out surgery they are adults and not forced or tricked into doing it - no I don't think that anyone in the U.S. could sue any doctor they definitely take their time

Return to “So you want to change back?â€