Boy 18 wants sex change to be like Katie Price.

Millie

Boy 18 wants sex change to be like Katie Price.

Postby Millie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:12 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -22403717/

Okay forget all of the Katie Price nonsense, what struck me about this story is that they lead with boy when the article makes it clear that she has never identified as a boy, and the length of time that it has taken from first seeing her G.P to get to Leeds GIC (3 years) It would seem as though the NHS decided to ignore her despite the fact that she has had absolutely no intention and probably no ability to live as a guy! Pretty much amounts to mental cruelty if you ask me, (no matter what your age is!) :evil:

On the plus side, she looks like that, without hormones :mrgreen: :lol:
Advancing to what?

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Boy 18 wants sex change to be like Katie Price.

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 am

yes the term 'boy' is a loaded report and unforgivable

as it ties in with children and sexuality/gender/abuse and the minefield that exists there

also whats wrong with a woman - if this person is genuine - wanting to be pretty and have a role model if this was any other biological 18 yo woman saying this it wouldnt even make it to the wastepaper bin

its the silly season and they have no news so trans get it in the chops thanks to that
"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Claire Yorks

Postby Claire Yorks » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:35 am

Its understandable that she wants to look like a celeb just about every teenage girl does.

Her experiance as a child transistioner is the norm not made any better by the country having only one child GD unit. The north realy needs its own. The waiting time for adults in Yorkshire to see a GIC is 18 weeks and so I guess that the three years she as been waiting is the time between transistioning and a GIC referral is the time until she turned 18.

Unlike Lucy 'teen transexual' she hasnt the backing of a TC company to fund her treatment and as to go to Leeds GIC where another round of mental crulty will begin. Such is the slowness of progression through Leeds GIC that she could well be in her mid 20's by the time she as surgery.

With regards
Claire

Cassie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Cassie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:07 am

With an article as sympathetic as that I wouldn't get too hung up with the term "boy" other than that it's possibly inappropriate for an eighteen year old. Using "boy" and "he" coupled with the story and the picture demonstrate to the reader how clearly ludicrous general perceptions of transgenderism are. This is a young woman - no iffs and buts. I think the article would have lost something had the "correct" pronouns been used. The article makes it clear that whilst she may technically be male - for most purposes she clearly isn't; and it explains it quite well and in terms that the readership will understand.

Lairiana

Postby Lairiana » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:22 am

Poor kid is disillusioned...

Ignoring that Katie Price is a terrible role model, she wants to go into a highly competitive, highly degrading (By that, I mean how the models are treated) career like modeling.

I hope she gets all the help she needs, but I also hope she sees sense and brings her expectations and dreams down to a more realistic level, because this is just heading down the tragic story route.
"Fish are not the best authority on water" - Jane Yolen; Sister Light, Sister Dark

Return to “Latest News”