Typing Queue

Christine

Re: Typing Queue

Postby Christine » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 am

presumably you have told CX of your social-phobia problem? Yet they have apparently taken you on.

The stipulation re work/RLE is part of the International Standards regarding transsexualism - I have no idea how they will handle a situation of chronic social phobia.
RLE is "to live full-time 100% in the female role" and only CX could answer whether a situation where the person doesn't go out and interact with the world qualifies.
Yes, they're aware of it. I think their only concern was that I should push myself a bit harder regarding my overall appearance, which was actually a reasonable enough comment: although I'm taking it one step at a time, that was a very small step before my first appointment! They seem satisfied that what I'm doing demonstrates the validity of my condition and that I'm committed to what I'm doing, so have confirmed my diagnosis of whatever-it's-called-this-week to my GP and approved hormones.

I am a bit worried about the nature of the full-time RLE that I understand is required for them to consider surgery, whether they'll expect me to somehow cope anyway or whether they'll tailor the requirement for somewhat difficult cases like me. They at least seem to have no doubt that I am living as a woman regardless.
The person discharged wasn't from CX but elsewhere (Leeds?) Here is her Blog - she mentions Social Phobia problems somewhere in it. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1791&start=10#p17934
The way she's been treated is awful. I'm very sad to read about that. I can say that Drs. Lenihan and Barrett have treated me far better; we didn't agree about absolutely every matter that was discussed, but on the subject of gender they were understanding and positive.

Anyway, sorry for yanking this whole thread off topic. If it needs tidying as a result, I guess the posts could go in my "Waiting for Godot" topic since it seems to have turned into my personal blog now anyway! Sigh, and apologies for yet another example of my ability to get into a panic. Other things in life are a bit fraught right now and, well, it seems to be what I do anyway. :/

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 pm

I think what Steffi says is right. I remember when we first started the SKype Gorup, there were perfectly passable and OK sounding trans women who were terrified that their voice be heard by others and apologising all the time.

After a few weeks they just settle in and realise it was a load of fuss over 'nothing' - well to us.

You I think need this!

You do not have to send us video - you can register on Skype with a name like vometiaTZ or Vomtz or summit thats not already registered and call in after 9.30pm on a Monday call any of to the following accounts. Send a contact request to them all and we will add you to out directory.

If you call you maybe calling on an active machine (someone already on it) so we will drop the call and call you back.

Podcastzone1
Podcastzone2
Podcastzone3
Podcastzone4

You can also join us in the chat room here http://beaumontsociety.transgenderzone.com/live.htm

Anyone reading this can join us - obviously jerks would be blocked from calling us or have a IP ban from the chat room, but it rarely (don't remember it happening) happens.

So you are very safe! The team who support there are all very well known trans activists. Yours Truly, Rona (Beaumont Wales Regional Oganiser), Janett Scott NUFF SAID! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?p=1384 , Steffi who has been supporting you above...

Its just a coffee morning and you supply your own coffee :)

It is very good for your self-esteem, you will be able to sound things out with us in a non-judgmental way) Sounding-Boards are great to test and decide things. You can practice your voice if you need to. You can send video when you get more confident and we can even help you decide on what would be a good outfit or make-up, hair etc... This is a real support group albeit over SKype. The way we manage the connections is done in a way where you will just really get into the issues we talk about - topics of the week, news media personal stories, advice etc. Like watching a TV show (no pun intended LOL :lol: )

And you do not have to leave the comfort (and safety) of your own home! :)

Anyways give it some thought, you can test the water with the chat room first if you like you can log in there after 9.30pm say hi and we will turn on the audio stream, thats the player above make sure you press play on the bottom left to watch us.

Sell pitch over.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Christine

Postby Christine » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Hopefully one day: even though I'm not ready quite yet, thanks for all the information!

Back to the subject at hand, one thing I forgot to mention which is the letter I received (which was actually okay in tone, especially compared to the standard letters they send out) took seven weeks to be typed up, and then another fortnight to post, which is something I find especially mystifying.

The other thing I didn't mention initially is that the CX secretaries had failed to notify me of not one but two consecutive appointments, which is really pretty bad. The letter didn't state the exact dates but they would've been around early February, so it's not as if the letters have just been delayed, they can't have been sent at all. It is quite a serious concern that a patient could find themselves being discharged from the clinic altogether under similar circumstances.

I've written a letter (which I think is polite) which I'll also copy to my GP and assigned doctor at CX; I'll also send it by recorded delivery as suggested.

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm

This is a problem of course - the letters could have been lost. And neither can prove they were posted hence the Recorded delivery. I can never understand why CX send their appointment letters out header GENDER CLINIC and ordinary post. The only other info that could come close to destroying a life should it land in the wrong hands (say a nosy Neighbour or the wrong flat) would be HIV results, or a terminal illness. It is not cost effective to send out RD posts but then again maybe the cost of a DO NOT ATTEND would pay for a few hundred alone?!

When I send post to the clinic I always entitle it GIC and post it NOT at my local post office - the one in town.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

bethy

Postby bethy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:22 pm

The postal timings can be quite annoying and ridiculous pricing structure.
Yet there's more talks of privatisation of the post.

I never received any letters that stated GIC on them only inside the letter. They usually arrived in a plain white envelope with the franked stamp stating 'Hammersmith W6 + date' on the front.

I do doubt that in the current conditions and gender care getting more attention, that the service will become better. It is going to take time and money to get everything back on track and in a very nice time limit.
Never be afraid of who you are.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”