Testosterone and restricting caloric intake?

Exactly that! A place to discuss your health concerns, weight-loss, diet and fitness regimes.
Eniigmatiic

Testosterone and restricting caloric intake?

Postby Eniigmatiic » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:41 pm

I know it's bad to eat less than what your body really needs of course,
but I was recently put on a medication for almost a year (I went off it a few months ago) that basically made me gain 15 pounds. It hasn't helped my self-esteem. It's called Seroquel/quetiapine (I hadn't been sleeping) and it's known to scr*w up your metabolism. I decided to start eating extra healthy and restricting but not in an extreme way (yet...) and exercising at least 3-4 times a week. I've lost a little weight but not all 15 pounds.

Does testosterone make it easier or harder to gain weight? Or is it just the same?
If I started restricting even more would that have any negative effects on the positive results that testosterone gives?
I haven't started T yet but I hope it's no longer than a few months away.
Thank ya. :)

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

thefishkeeper
FTM Admin
FTM Admin

Re: Testosterone and restricting caloric intake?

Postby thefishkeeper » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi there,

I was a large chap before and a large chap after, BUT have lost three stone, all down to exercise, I still eat cr*p.

Testosterone will bulk you up for a while, most of that is muscle and yes you'll feel more hungry, but we have the power to manage it. There are many a man out there who have before and after photos, showing them as large men to slimmer men. It's all down to the person.
I wish you good luck on your journey, it's mind of matter.

TC
Too many years fighting the tears, Why can't the past just die. Try to for give, teach me to live, give me the strength to try. No more memories, no more silent tears, no more gazing across the wasted years, help me to say. Goodbye"

Return to “Health and Fitness”