Borderline Hypothyroid

Exactly that! A place to discuss your health concerns, weight-loss, diet and fitness regimes.
holfordj

Borderline Hypothyroid

Postby holfordj » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi Everyone

First the good news. I have had my bloods done at nearly 5 months into estrogen therapy and my T is 1.81 and my E is 510 which means I am in the female range i think. :think: I have done this without a sniff of an anti androgen (Dr Curtis patient) and transdermal patches. Hopefully this a sign of more positive changes to come.

Now for the not so good part. My TSH was 5.1 which is above the upper level for thyroid hormone and indicates Borderline Hypothyroidism. Great :thumbdown: I have been doing some reading and researching online and it would appear when Estrogen levels are high the E binds with the Thyroid hormone stopping it from performing its task, therefore the body releases more TSH to compensate. I have been experiencing some effects of this such as low body temp, sluggish digestion, constipation and dry hair. A bit fed up with this. Has anyone else had this happen when they have been on hormones. I am 36 and dont want my Thyroid to pack up :cry: Also Senokot isn't working if you get my drift :roll:

Thanks

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Tamsin

Re: Borderline Hypothyroid

Postby Tamsin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm

tbh
the only thing I can offer help on is the senacot.. try dried apricots if you like eating them as they really are good... work great and taste nice too!!
Tamsy

Different_Trains

Re: Borderline Hypothyroid

Postby Different_Trains » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:47 pm

I second the dried fruit idea! Prunes, sultanas, dried apricots, etc.