Essex Support Group Needed, Teenage Children Of Trans Parent

Special area for friends and family of transgender people to get or give advice and support.
ShawBee

Essex Support Group Needed, Teenage Children Of Trans Parent

Postby ShawBee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:10 pm

i am a 46year old transwoman(4 months full time) with 2 children of 19 and 21.
both seem to be coping quite well. i did offer early on to find support for them if it was needed, the time has come. we live on the east london/essex border, borough of Havering. ideally i am looking for a group that meets for them, in our area(if we are lucky), or further afield if needs must, preferably anywhere here we can use our oyster cards. a forum for kids in the same boat as mine would also help. i have checked some links here i found and will give them a go, links from other places too but the list is mind numbingly long and was hoping to find something a lot closer to home and more specific to our needs

ShawBee
Last edited by ShawBee on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'he's still alive, he wants more cigarettes, fruitcake and pile ointment,'

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

thedreadpersephone
Families Admin
Families Admin

Re: Essex Supoort Group Needed, Teenage Children Of Trans Pa

Postby thedreadpersephone » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi ShawBee, good to hear your kids seem to be coping well.

Unfortunately support for families of trans people is sadly inadequate. What does exist is mainly online rather than face to face. There may be things I don't know about but I think it unlikely you will find something so specific as a group for teenagers in your area. I run a group for partners and family in Scotland and I believe it is the only group of its kind up here. There is a new group similar to ours planned for Manchester. I do not know of anything closer to you.

Perhaps your kids could join the family section of the Depend support forum.
Who am I?:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50

Me & T: Me & T Monthly is a peer support group for the family, friends and partners of trans people.
https://www.facebook.com/MeTMonthly
http://meandtscotland.wordpress.com/

ShawBee

Re: Essex Support Group Needed, Teenage Children Of Trans Pa

Postby ShawBee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:37 pm

thanks TDP, there is a back story, but i want to keep our privacy. they want to see me, the 3 of us have been out in public, they seem to be coping ok, you know how it is, they need something i cant give. i know if its about somewhere, someone at tzone will know it, or the right direction topush us in. i have looked at Depend, outhouse in colchester, too far, the opposite end of essex :( , will join TLI and see what i can find from there. i know the scene so i know there are certain parts to be avoided and as 1 is 19, ive got to be doubly careful. even an online forum would help cos there maywell be kids local ish in the same boat. fingers crossed,

ShawBee
Last edited by ShawBee on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShawBee

Postby ShawBee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:50 pm

well, ive pointed little shawbee and mum to Depend family section,
http://www.depend.org.uk/support.html
to tzone and tzone on youtube. mum needs to get her head around it too, so she can go in, look around then decide if its suitable for little shawbee. i need to chase CX anyway so may ask them iof they know of, or provide something suitable.
as a great man once said
'have a little faith baby, have a little faith'

ShawBee

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:30 pm

We have a few groups in the venue Guide but most are focused on trans children.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Friends and Family Forum”