totally lost

Special area for friends and family of transgender people to get or give advice and support.
thedreadpersephone
Families Admin
Families Admin

Re: totally lost

Postby thedreadpersephone » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:32 pm

It sounds like you are concerned that it is the depression that is making him have these thoughts and that he may not actually be trans. Before any treatment he will see a psychiatrist whose job it is to decide if he has gender dysphoria. This doctor will be on the look out for any other conditions which could be confusing him. He will probably then have an appointment with a second psychiatrist to confirm the diagnosis. So I think you can be fairly sure that if there is anything else going on it will be picked up.

I'm glad you have some support. It is perfectly normal to have 'okay moments' and 'not okay moments'. You may find this goes on for some time. Hopefully there will gradually be a lot more okay moments than not okay moments.
Who am I?:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50

Me & T: Me & T Monthly is a peer support group for the family, friends and partners of trans people.
https://www.facebook.com/MeTMonthly
http://meandtscotland.wordpress.com/

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

shopaholic

Re: totally lost

Postby shopaholic » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:22 pm

ok so whats the usual timeline frame and to dos then from innital normal doctor visit in the midlands uk?
you know what? "im rather "proud "of my son today.
amazing feeling.
ive been reading some posts on first time out full time and im going to go with him if he wants and stuff the world and their little narrow minds.i can see me being arrested at this rate.lol

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:56 pm