My boyfriend wants to be a girl.

Special area for friends and family of transgender people to get or give advice and support.
shizukine

My boyfriend wants to be a girl.

Postby shizukine » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:06 am

So, hi. I've been dating this boy for 1 year one and lately she's been talking a lot about wanting to become a female. She has always talked to me about her love for female bodies and online she makes everyone uses females pronouns to refer to her. I don't remember when i started to refer to her as ... well... her, but it was a while back and she seemed pretty happy about it. She likes when i call her princess she likes when i tell her she is a pretty girl. She often asks me how its like to have a female body and says she would like to have one as well, but then again she doesnt talk about transition, she doesnt use this kinds of words, she just look at me sometimes and goes "would you still love me if i were a girl?" or "i really want to be a girl" and when i hug her and try to assure her that, yeP, i would love her anyway, she goes "i'm serious" and then pretend it didn't happen. This is become really confusing to me and it seems it is 1000000x more confusing to her, i'd like to help her to figure out what is going on but i don't know how to bring this subject in a conversation. I don't know if one "hey do you think about transition, maybe?" would freak her out and make her go defensive about this subject. any advices? :shrugs:

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thedreadpersephone
Families Admin
Families Admin

Re: My boyfriend wants to be a girl.

Postby thedreadpersephone » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi shizukine,

that's some great advice from Casaluna. I just wanted to add my support.

It could be that she is afraid of how you would react if she brings up the subject in a more serious way or as Casaluna suggests she maybe isn't sure herself yet. Perhaps next time she mentions it you could ask a general question like 'would you like to tell me a bit more about this?'
Who am I?:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50

Me & T: Me & T Monthly is a peer support group for the family, friends and partners of trans people.
https://www.facebook.com/MeTMonthly
http://meandtscotland.wordpress.com/

WSLouis

-

Postby WSLouis » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Regardless of what hes going through, I dont think it would be unreasonable for you to send him another message now asking how hes getting on. Do you think thats something youd consider?

polymiss

Re: My boyfriend wants to be a girl.

Postby polymiss » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:06 pm

Just be his friend and be mental and emotional support . Nothing else you can do since this is his journey and his journey alone with his identity.
Hire me if you want. Hire Me

Return to “Friends and Family Forum”