Wee update

Special area for friends and family of transgender people to get or give advice and support.
Pennyforthem

Wee update

Postby Pennyforthem » Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 am

Not been on in a while. All was very quiet as I was told might happen, iv really didn't have much to post about. Iv found out my son has been self medicating with hormones and blockers ( I think) Is this recommended wee bit worried . On the plus side he likes the feeling of being on them . We have took a holiday together but the subject didn't really come up as much as I'd hoped , don't want to force the issue though . Still nice to spend time together. Pre appointment next week so things hopefully starting to move in the direction he wants to go ( he is still using these pronouns and until he wants me to change to she/her etc I will continue to use them hope no one is offended but I feel it should be on his terms)

Love and peace penny

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Wee update

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 am

Many transpeople self-medicate. I would advise your son at least ask the GP to monitor his bloods and blood pressure. Even if the GP is not prescribing.

A bit like an addict asking for a blood test or HIV test - its not the same of course but at least there is some peace of mind. The GP wont be responsible for the meds of course in the same way they wont be responsible for someone getting intoxicated in a bar. But Casualty is full of drunks on a Saturday night :)

The pace the NHS works it is no wonder so many manage their own care. When push comes to shove, given the choice between the darkness of existence (or fear of discovery) for many transpeople, or self-medding and feeling well and able to face the day - it really is a no-brainer.

Of course it would be irresponsible of anyone here to recommend this route over a Gender Clinic or medical doctor managing their care plan. Which is why monitoring is the next best option.

You have heard your son say, " On the plus side he likes the feeling of being on them".

Like is good, a positive, and it didn't come up much in conversation... when was the last time you discussed your estrogen with him? We sometimes for get that. [yesss] :noway: :problem: :oops: ;)
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Pennyforthem

Postby Pennyforthem » Mon May 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Il try get him to go to a doctor to st least get checked. There were a few unpleasent side effects but yeah he did say he felt better on them and liked the feelings he got. Feels more normal or words to those affects :-) He turned up at his dads with nail polish on , I got the wtf txt msgs. He doesn't really know yet . I am hopefully thing will work out and my child get the peace and acceptance he craves . And soon I will be using she/her and daughter. :makeupx:

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue May 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Penny you are a remarkable person and should be so proud of yourself for the support and love you are giving here.

It is sometimes difficult to be the go between as you carry double the baggage.

But your child being happy, and loving you and knowing you have done you very best for them is more than you could wish for.

So many abandon their children almost as freaks and would rather their child 'disappear' than tell the neighbours - you that's the world we live in.

Keep posting and us updated.

We are only a click away 24/7 :)

Sometimes people forget to care for the carers - we don't ;)
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 pm

I'd just like to agree with Ice Maiden, Penny,

We all forget how important the support of those closest to us really is - we also forget that it isn't just our own 'journey' but theirs as well. Without the support of my Partner, I don't know where I would be now :noway: . Thanks to all those who stand by and support us [yesss] .

Big hug
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Return to “Friends and Family Forum”