The Transgender Zone Story

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

The Transgender Zone Story

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 pm

I felt it was time to tell a little about how this all came about!

This is my take on it of course. For everyone else you know who you are :)

http://blog.transgenderzone.com/?p=1896
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: The Transgender Zone Story

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:24 pm

#Comment

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JustMe » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:15 pm

I've just got around to reading this Ice (Sam [yesss] ).

All I can say is WOW. You really have been a busy girl :D .

I read through with great interest and if I dare say - awe. It was the programme about Julia Grant in the early '80s and her awful experiences that put the fear of God into me about 'coming out' myself. I remained well and truly hidden away 'in the closet' for so many years - afraid to venture out. Meanwhile, the activists were beavering away in the background doing activist stuff and setting up sites like Transgender Zone - in the hope that their efforts would make the world a better trans friendly environment to live in. This has certainly happened (to an extent) and eventually, several circumstances came and gave me the courage and realisation that I could transition too.

I'm afraid that I'm one of the 'users' as opposed to the ground breaking activists - but this doesn't stop me from appreciating what an amazing thing that our forerunners have achieved for us today. Quite simply, it's astonishing. It's because of them that I can walk along outside as the woman I am - with my head held high and accepted by those around me as a woman. It's because of all of the hard work, sacrifice and dedication that has been given freely by people like Sam. So, small as it may seem - I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of those who went before and of course to Sam and the 'Team' for setting up such a great site, making it work and being there for all of those who need/use it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: [yesss]
With thanks
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Awww thank you.

One favourable comment makes it worthwhile. [yesss]

Truth is many young people now breaking through sadly do not have your level of wisdom and understanding and of course the world was not invented until 'they turned up' :noway:

This is why I tend to 'set the record straight' mostly these days. They will learn.

Just a shame we are trying to manage younger trans activists attempting to rewrite history in their image rather than fighting 'the man' who still is controlling not only the media but them too!

Of course when we, and by that regarding television, I mean 'I', remind them. I am labeled a b*tch or a 'hater'. Well don't make the rash claims and there is no problem ;)x Do your research I say! :cool:

Tzone still remains one of the first and few modern trans collectives that can (within libel law) be able to do what we bloody well like! We want to do a Television Show? We don't wait and hope the BBC find us sexy enough to do one we just do it! =) The media is ageist anyway it does not reflect society properly! Older people elect governments btw! Not the young! And it is an aging society!

And with the recent mess at Google+ outing trans, and Facebook friends lists outing trans, and the increase in bots following twitter celebs - almost half or more of all followers on twitter are bots looking for crumbs to spam with FACT! Obama found that out to his annoyance.

The mods here manage all that invisibly to the visitors the mods know!

Read this - http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... _fake.html

This is why a site like this where we manage the data is better - as we can deal with name changes NOW! Not hope some faceless corporation will do it - and they don't!

So, famous trans people who boast about their achievements are are often mistaken. After hours on Mondays we often look through the archives and the sheer amount of data and transpeople who have been on television and radio is startling!!! Thousands! And they have presented programmes too! I have seen many a Jaws drop when they witness the full folders of data and video clips films, programmes and documentaries. They are then changed forever! Suddenly it is like walking out into the sunshine after assuming 3 people run the place!

We are at least firmly on the ground and do little without the evidence first.

Also I am and have always been very fond of older people (in the nice way! :shock: :? :wtf: :D :thumbup: ) I love history, I loved listening to 'old war stories' from my Grand Parents (Unlike the Simpsons with Old Granpa Ab). One of the first trans activists I met was (as I said in the Blog), Mary Johnson who was 80 and full of life - so many depended on her!

The 'Oldies' fought the fight when it was far more dangerous and led to imprisonment or arrest - "Behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace!" That was Cross-dressing. Ironically in the First World War "TOPICAL" men caught cross-dressed were shot on both sides without mercy as spies!

'The Stonewall Riots were not so long ago and the various 'Stonewall' groups EVEN IN THE USA are trying to shoulder out the trans part of the story - See our Colleague Ashley Love on Facebook who is challenging it - that is the part that actually made the headlines as trans-currency always does.

All these things has resulted in me championing 'TRANS ELDERS' This is not a term used until I started saying it. Village elders were held in high esteem. I see trans elders in the same way. They can be grouches but they have earned that =) :lol:

Young people see older people as so far off - and it is a denial or aging and death issue as they do not want to stare into the face of their future. But once we hit thirty a year goes by in a day! (Metaphorically speaking of course ;) LOL). When we are children a Year is forever! A school day seems to never end! 30 is 80 in Gay years (old joke and as so many now have lumped GLBTI together that applies here to :() I think T should break away btw!

To forget history means it repeats itself! Afghanistan is all the proof you need! My Ancestors were there in wars!

We learn by our mistakes. But people forget what they were we are bound to repeat them again and that is a waste of time!

But as I said

"Hey but what do I know ;)!"

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JustMe » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Hear hear Sam,

Interesting what you said about the 1st WW. I didn't know that Trans or Crossdressers were shot as spies :noway: . I did know however that many Trans people went to the concentration camps/gas chambers in the 2nd WW though - those poor wretches.

Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Return to “Latest News”