Skype Support Group Show Notes for Sunday 1st May 2011

Moderator: Media Moderator

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Skype Support Group Show Notes for Sunday 1st May 2011

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun May 01, 2011 1:59 pm

1. For the first hour we talked at length about surgery performed at Charing Cross and debated and made comparisons to what is available from the Thai surgeons.

2. The second hour was an open forum and people all chipped in. From buying your first bra to laughing about Eddie Izzard's approach to trans issues. To how parents can disown their children when finding out their (parents) hopes and dreams of walking their child down the aisle (in the case of FTM) for example will not happen. Is what equates to a bereavement happening and a 'loss' of the person the thought they knew? A person being replaced with an impostor (in their eyes) they simply do not understand - nor wish to?

You can find out more on this type of griefwork here.
http://www.transgenderzone.com/library/ ... ext/58.htm
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Jane_D_C

An important point somebody made

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun May 01, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi:

When the conversation got round to shamelessness about being trans, I think someone (not me) made a really important point.

It was that other people take their cue from you about whether to be embarrassed. If you act like it isn't a problem, the vast majority of people also will.

This has certainly been my experience over a year of full time female life.

Jane

x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Denise Anderson

Re: Skype Support Group Show Notes for Sunday 1st May 2011

Postby Denise Anderson » Sun May 01, 2011 11:47 pm

I thought it was a very important thing indeed in the conversation... and it's as my partner says down to a case of giving people power... if you can show people it's something that isn't a big deal then many will react in a positive way.... another classic example of this... if you go out in the street and walk along look at the ground looking upset people tune in... be upright and smile and show a happy side and people just take that on board and move on :)