Trans-Related Stigma and Discrimination

If you are carrying our research then please post your requests for data here.
brood

Trans-Related Stigma and Discrimination

Postby brood » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Brian Rood and I am clinical psychology doctoral student at Suffolk University in Boston. I am part of an LGBTQ-affirmative research group, and I am currently recruiting trans individuals to take part in an online survey and possibly an interview conducted over Skype. The purpose of the study is to learn more about discrimination experiences that trans and gender non-conforming individuals face. Here is the link to the online study:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/transhealthstudy

Feel free to pass this link to others or post on any other site. The study is specific to individual who live in the U.S. (unfortunately, we don’t have the resources to extend the study globally). Your help is greatly appreciated! Any questions/concerns can be emailed to barood@suffolk.edu

Thank you,
Brian

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Trans-Related Stigma and Discrimination

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Glad you used your .edu email that helps with your credibility.

Do you have an ethics committee overseeing this project?
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

brood

Postby brood » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:32 am

Great question! I do have approval from my university's institutional review board--which reviewed the research proposal to make sure that it meets all ethical criteria. If anyone has any concerns specific to the study, however, let me know, and I can provide you with the contact information for our review board.

Thanks,
Brian

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:46 pm

I will share the link - trans are pretty nervous and twitchy and even we struggle to reach them.

1000s visit this forums weekly yet very few post or moderate and offer the support.

Many are 'grazers' and pop in read and go.

It is a shame as many will no doubt want to take part in your research but fear being outed no matter how many safeguards you put in place.

This is a wicked problem we as a network face every day. If and when your research is published or written up we would happily host a pdf in our library of it :)
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Research Requests and Discussion”