Health research on TransgenderZone

If you are carrying our research then please post your requests for data here.
Ruth.Pearce

Health research on TransgenderZone

Postby Ruth.Pearce » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Hello! A slightly unusual research request this one - I'd like to request permission to conduct research in this forum.

In doing so, I'm hoping to look at existing posts rather than conduct a survey or interviews.

Some background: I'm a postgraduate researcher based at the University of Warwick, currently conducting fieldwork for my PhD. I'm also a trans person myself, and an activist. I've represented trans people within the National Union of Students, took part in the 2010 campaign for a more inclusive Equality Act, and lobbied extensively for better services on the NHS in my local area.

For my research, I'm looking into discourses of trans healthcare provision in the United Kingdom. I’m interested in finding out:

•what trans people would like to see from healthcare providers
•what different groups of people (such as trans support groups and medical professionals) have to say about trans health
•how ideas from one group might influence ideas from another
•what impact recent changes in the law (such as the Equality Act and the reorganisation of the NHS) might have upon notions of appropriate care

You can read more about my research here.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Health research on TransgenderZone

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:24 pm

The only stipulation is you use publicly accessible forums sections - being registered allows you to see the BLOGS section but thats usually hidden.

You also change names locations etc or just use initials.

That you credit http://www.transgenderzone.com/ as a 'source' in your references.

Other than that I am sure you have an ethics committee and guidance...

You can of course perhaps join us on Skype to further outlay your ideas - it would be interesting I suspect. Or visit the chatroom and watch our live TV support and discussion show on a Monday here.

http://beaumontsociety.transgenderzone.com/
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ruth.Pearce

Re: Health research on TransgenderZone

Postby Ruth.Pearce » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 am

Hello,

Thank you! Yes, I have been planning to use only the publicly accessible forums, and will be changing names/not mentioning locations etc.