Rebranding the Virtual support group

Moderator: Media Moderator

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Rebranding the Virtual support group

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:18 pm

'Support groups' as a brand have got a lot of baggage with them.

We all historically have an idea of what they are, some good some bad :)

For many its a enabler a lot of chairs and a load of miserable people staring at the floor wishing they were not there!

I was thinking about our skype group and it is really nothing like this. We have a good group of regulars peppered with newbies. Newbies are often very nervous and worried. How can we better serve them?

Should we rebrand the support group to 'Transgender Zone Skype Conference Group' or 'Tzone Skype Conferences'.

or perhaps something else?
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

MalakaiMcSnuggles
TZVSG Skype Regular
TZVSG Skype Regular

Re: Rebranding the Virtual support group

Postby MalakaiMcSnuggles » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:35 am

(This post is being written mere moments after i have hung up on the skype call, using my mobile, as such i apologize for any typos)

My name is Malakai, i joined the skype calls on the 2nd of January and have been keen to be there every week since.

I don't find it so easy to write what the skype group is, so forgive my ineloquence. But basically it gives me a sort of freedom. I have a few very close friends in real life, however it is hard to talk about trans subjects with them as it tends to turn me into a science teacher and they can't really advise me wether i should go for metoidioplasty or phalloplasty etc.

After finding the T-Zone skype i made a split second descision. I could call up, see if i liked the format and the people and then if i didn't it's very easy to simply block the account so i'm not bothered.

As you can see, that didn't happen. After a small hiccup with my own technology, i was welcomed in by he lovely ladies who inhabited the skype chat on that particular night. I am happy to say that i stayed up until the realm of one or two in the morning talking with them, eager for the next week's call.

Despite the fact that there are only a couple of FtMs attending the calls so far and the age gap between myself and the women who are usually found in attendance, there is a distinct lesson that they have shared with me. Although i already knew this, i believe it was Tamsin who pointed out tonight that there is life beyond transition. We aren't bound to a life as an outcast, but rather we are moving to our own place in society, and it makes me happy to know that even through years of struggle and pain that there are other trans people out there who live "normal" lives, not only that but they are happy and healthy within those lives. If nothing else i have learnt that, but there is also a wealth of knowledge for everyone to share.

Tonight we spoke about how we are all friends, and it's true, even if we don't live near each other, if we have different experience or an age difference i am more than happy to call the other skypers my friends.

A testament to this is the fact that my guidance counsellor, who has known me through depression, and anti-depressants has said that in the past few weeks i have been the happiest she has ever seen me.

I'm not sure how to round this off but i would like to say, there are no trans people in my area that i know of, and with no one here going through the same thing as me it is amazing to have people here. Sometimes all you need are a few words of comfort or reassurance.

It is also worth noting that skype calls support audio and visual, this was a little daunting to me, but thankfully visual is not compulsory for T-Zone, which is great for those of us who are camera-shy.

Malakai
Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show who I am inside?

Tamsin

Postby Tamsin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 pm

So often in life it is the small observation that makes most impact.
That is where talking to people is so much more than mere words, its an intent...
TY for the feed back on my throw away comment, just being in your position not so long ago I know the things that ran round my head and caused me concern..
Young or old... male or female we all suffer from the same basic desires and fears.
Huggles
Tamsylou

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:36 pm

At the moment on the media homepage I have placed an abridged comment from Malakai and will later place some audio clips from some contributors who have offered their comments and permission to do so.

Basically VOXPOPS short positive mentions about the group

I have also renamed it 'Tzone Skype Friends' we can play with the name a bit till we get it right.

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Well we have been busy and have added a few testimonials and a little introduction on the pages.

Here we have an audio clip generously offered by Nienna - a regular MTF friend.
And a comment from Malakai http://media.transgenderzone.com/

Here http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=44 we have an audio file to just explain a little more indepth what happens and how to behave :)

Here are 3 testimonials that we hope will go some way in helping those who are unsure about joining in.

tzone Skype friends is a group you will enjoy being part of and it costs nothing but a little of your time on a Monday night :)

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Discussion”