Leeds GIC

Claire Yorks

Re: Leeds GIC

Postby Claire Yorks » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:50 pm

How long were you at Leeds from the first assesment appointment to your current status of being 5 weeks post op? Now you are post op are they going to discharge you?

Claire

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

gmbuspunk

Postby gmbuspunk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:12 pm

I don’t really know what to say please bear in mind I write very badly I have adhd and autism I came out as asexual in August this year and as gender fluid non binary in October anyway I went to my local trans meeting met a loverly person who asked me about gender clinics and asked have I been referred to one I said I was seeing my doctor this Friday to ask for referral but I’m nervous as when I came out as asexual I never told my doctor just my nurse practitioner who has now left anyway I was advised to go to the clinic with the less waiting list so I’m gonna ask to do this can everyone please send me good vibes when I see my doctor

Abit about me I had a tuff time at school I came out as gay to test the water I was at a unit witch was 99% male bear in mind there was only 6 of us there I always to wear makeup and do Beauty therapy but always presented as masc like my gender assignment at birth and for the fear of bullying but now I’m 24 I’m glad I came out as asexual and trans just nervous of what my doctor will say as I didn’t come out earlier but it took me a while to feel truly comfortable with myself I have known a long time and especially felt it when I was 13 but then I also have hobbies like football and rugby even though I feel feminine many thanks for listening and sorry if I have been to straight to the point

Steffi

Postby Steffi » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi

It's a difficult time, when you first start dealing with your transness.
The better one had succeeded in hiding it and perhaps became good at male activities (e.g. rugby) the more people doubt when one does finally come out.

The waiting times at all the Gender Identity Clinics (GIC's) are very long.
Good luck with talking to your doctor :-)
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

gmbuspunk

Postby gmbuspunk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Thanks for the good vibes I don’t actually play rugby/football just a fan of it :) really appreciate the good luck thoughts is there a good way to approach it with the doctor or shall I just tell him as quickly as possible yeah gather I’ll be waiting about 2 years I’m based in Manchester

Looking at
Leeds
Sheffield
Nottingham
Or maybe Northampton

Steffi

Postby Steffi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:23 am

Until the last year or so Daventry GIC had much shorter waiting times and I have a friend who went there, but I think that by now they'll be as slow as anywhere else.

Talking to the doctor should not be difficult - but doctors are people too and have opinions and attitudes - some are a lot more helpful than others.
If the doctor has never dealt with a trans-person before then there are pdf's on the NHS website to give guidance.
I would advise you to keep it short and to the point. GP's have limited time per patient and they will ask if they need extra information.

You're Manchester area? The trans-support group here just disbanded and will only continue to meet in a very casual, loose form.
There is a large Gay Village in Manchester - do you go there?
If you want company of people similar to yourself then Napoleon's is the bar particularly frequented by trans-people of all types.

[edit]
Forget what I said about Daventry :-(
https://www.reddit.com/r/transgenderUK/ ... ing_times/
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Return to “Other Clinicsâ€