Stopping hormones today, op in December

SarahG

Stopping hormones today, op in December

Postby SarahG » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:33 pm

So I've been referred to Dr. Bellringer's new private gig at Parkside, today is my first day without hormones, next week I'm off to London for a pre-surgery assessment.

I still have absolutely no idea what to expect in terms of how things work, and I have no idea how the hell I'm going to get back, since I'm the only one in my circle of friends that can drive and my family all live 5 hours drive up north. I'm assuming I'm not going to be able to drive back myself?

No idea if I need to do any prep work either. So far all I've done is load my laptop up with games and videos since I'm going to be on my own for however long I'm in there, possibly over Christmas. Partner can't come because I can't afford to put her up in a London hotel, and also because we just got adopted by a new kitten.

Asking this now because I suspect I'm going to go mental from no hormones soon.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Steffi

Re: Stopping hormones today, op in December

Postby Steffi » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:31 am

You will not be able to drive back yourself, no.
Assuming that the op goes well and there are no problems or complications, then do plenty of gentle walking during the recovery week. Walking is good, just be very careful.

I went home alone on the train. Got the taxi-guy to take my case into the railway station for a tip and the guard to lift it onto the train.
(DO NOT LIFT STUFF YOURSELF.) then get someone to meet you off the train and carry your stuff, drive you home.
Other passengers will usually be helpful in lifting bags etc if you explain that you have just come out of hospital and must not lift.
You will need a taxi from CX to Euston - do NOT try and do the route on the underground!

CX will not approve this arrangement so do not tell them, but in my opinion it is the best option there is.
- you are sat in comfortable seats with a toilet and a cafe nearby.
........ imagine if one was to have a car breakdown or get caught in a tail-back on the motorway ....... that would not be a good scenario.
Also, on the train you can get up and go for a little walk if you wish, something not possible in a car.

Obviously, you cannot book in advance so will have to pay the higher price for the ticket, because until the moment of your release, you will not know when that is.
e.g. I was held back for several hours because I had not had a bowel movement that day and they wanted me to have another successful one before I left........ but I did not need to go, so I was delayed by about eight hours and even then they had to give me a suppository to make it happen.
You might choose to hang around the hospital until the off-peak fares begin at about 7pm.

- it all depends how well you feel etc which is something you will not know until after.
But all the people I have seen post-op who had no complications were up and about quickly and well able to do a train journey.
All this assumes of course that your suitcase is on wheels and of reasonable size.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:32 am

As always great advice from Steff!

I know plenty who have taken the underground but buy a case with wheels and a long handle and pull it - the case should be a shopping trolley style case not four wheels - as Steffi said - do not lift things unless you have no other choice... Emergency or bumping a case up the kerb or into a carriage.

Make sure it has biggest wheels you can afford as that makes life easier. Small wheels can get stuck ((and feel every bump(!)) or at worse fall off :)

If you cannot afford a case then travel as lightly as possible. Although it is tempting to pack everything, you will finbd as soon as you arrive they will put you in a gown. You don't even need a dressing gown really as you can wear another gown - the opposite way around (to cover you posterier) and chances are as heavy bleeding is likely then you will not want to ruin your own stuff anyway!

If you want to take more here is a suggestion from a old friend who wrote down a list and we have since added to it.

http://library.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=1867

If you are in reciept of a qualifying benefit you can claim back all your travel expenses (inc Train and cabs - just keep the tickets and receipts) speak to the Hospital Cashier for more on how to claim them back.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:33 am

#Replies

PS. If you are a recent patient at Parkside and have any advice please feel free to add it.

PPS. And Good Luck - you can post to here from your hospital bed you know ;) [yesss]

:thumbup: :kiss:
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

SarahG

Postby SarahG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Pack came out today, was shown how to dilate, not told how often I have to do it or whether or not I have to douche after each one.

Bellringer doesn't seem to give a toss. Half the time he pokes his head around the door, says the nurse says you're fine then buggers off before you can say anything.

Place seems to be set up like a production line, McVaginas, I guess it's good for getting the waiting lists down.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”