Numbers of Surgeries and referrals at Charing Cross FOI

Christine

Re: Numbers of Surgeries and referrals at Charing Cross FOI

Postby Christine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:04 pm

Your question about ' how I know etc.' Perhaps you may just might like to think a little before making a decision that may create problems unforseen.
It's rather presumptuous to assume we don't think about this: I know a lot of trans people, both pre- and post-op, but none of us are walking into it with our eyes closed.

I've spent a very long time thinking about what's right for me but after 3.5 years I think I've had more than a reasonable time to contemplate my options, 2.5 of them at CX, yet I still don't have their blessing for God only knows what reason (if the clinicians there do have a reason, they're not telling). I don't think there's anything to be gained in dragging things out to the point where I'll die of old age before I get the chance to complete my transition on the very small chance I may be one of the people who regrets it.

I don't expect surgery will be a panacea, but I do expect it to go some way to resolving the severe physical dysphoria that continues to be a crippling influence on my life.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:28 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Thu May 14, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:48 pm

[welcome] :offtopic: :offtopicwink: :offtopic: :offtopicwink: :yahoo: :leapfroga: :abduct: :abduct:

Yup. If you feel annoyed you can use your own blog to list your grievances.

If you have urinary problems you need to get this seen to. Most urologists/gynecologists can help you, you don't have to see a Gender Surgeon at this stage. They are used to cutting and stitching too. What you have Jenny sound absolutely miserable and no doubt you see your advice as important to stop other making the same mistake.

But the truth is many other have a pretty good outcome. And if someone had told you not to do this 10 years ago would you have listened?

Nevertheless, this is treatable and you should not be suffering! :| :cry:
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

JENNYJET

Postby JENNYJET » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 pm

ICE MAIDEN, we have spoken on your live discussion programs and I hope that you thought me mentally competent as a reader of Law and as a post-op transwoman.

Using my own blog is not the vehicle because given the time elapsed, most on this website do not know me or have read my blog in full.

I am simply trying to warn patients and candidates seeking gender reassignment either medically or surgically, just prepare for an outcome that, as in my case, may be horrifically painful and distressing.

Of course, many will sail through and have fulfilling lives in their true gender and I salute them all. I remind those aware of me and my medical history, I have had five strokes, two since surgery, and I am perhaps medically unsuitable for such life changing surgery, however surgery was sanctioned with my consent.

Who am I to unsettle assumptions here? I am a survivor of a surgical procedure that was agreed at the time but with me, the patient, not fully prepared by the psychiatrists at the Greyhound Road clinic.

I was ‘fast-tracked‘ because of my own activities relaying to identity changes such as passport, driving license and banking, also ongoing employment as a female, but despite my efforts, being granted surgery within 18 months of initial referral, the outcome is not something I would wish upon anyone that is not totally honest with those one is asking to change their lives to a 'possible' but risky dream.

I am now, in hindsight, asking myself if I could have remained as my dysfunctional male self and perhaps just succumb to my medical issues, or to try to find my true pathway in life and in my view, a female.

I wanted reassignment desperately, I got it, but please readers of this message, if the surgeon offers you a date in 6 months, consider asking for 12 months, believe me, it may just be the best decision you may make. Time is better than engaging lifetime changes with regrets that can never be reversed.

Ice Maiden , my respects as always.....Jennifer.

Christine

Postby Christine » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:06 pm

Who am I to unsettle assumptions here? I am a survivor of a surgical procedure that was agreed at the time but with me, the patient, not fully prepared by the psychiatrists at the Greyhound Road clinic.
Again, you're presuming. Who's to say that people are making naive assumptions? Pretty much every trans person I know is entirely aware of both the risks and that the surgery is not a panacea, which seems to be a recurring theme in this topic. I'm not sure who you're talking to, but perhaps it's time you started listening, considering the same thing is being repeated ad nauseam.
I was ‘fast-tracked‘ because of my own activities relaying to identity changes such as passport, driving license and banking, also ongoing employment as a female, but despite my efforts, being granted surgery within 18 months of initial referral, the outcome is not something I would wish upon anyone that is not totally honest with those one is asking to change their lives to a 'possible' but risky dream.
I'm not sure how to respond to that. Whoopee-doo? I'd also done most of those things prior to referral, but that was three years ago, and here I still am, pretty much without any hope of surgery happening. Perhaps because of people like you.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”