When is a patient supposed to be discharged from GIC?

sk8er

When is a patient supposed to be discharged from GIC?

Postby sk8er » Sun May 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Do patients normally complete their surgery and then come back to the GIC for a wrap up appointment once the surgery is all done? Or do they discharge you once they've agreed to refer you for surgery? Do they treat MTFs and FTMs differently in terms of whether they get discharged before or after lower surgery?
There's a common misconception that FTMs don't have a penis. I have 3. The first one is a micro penis, the second one is inside out and the third one is not attached.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: When is a patient supposed to be discharged from GIC?

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun May 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Well CX to my knowledge do not discharge you until you are agreeable to that. Or you are happy with the place you are at.

Example many men do not want a phalloplasty so are happy to stop at top surgery and go off and live their lives.

If our treatment is not complete then I see no reason to discharge you. The surgeons may discharge you back to the Gender Clinic pending funds for more expensive bottom surgery being forthcoming or recovery period of time after say top surgery. As the people who do your top surgery are not necessarily the same team who do the bottom. So you may well be discharged to and fro.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun May 25, 2014 3:16 pm

:) btw it depends on what you want...
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Mon May 26, 2014 9:22 pm

I was offered a final visit to a shrink. This I declined on the grounds that I could see no point; and that the caseloads of the shrinks was already immense and I felt that I would just be wasting their time. I have to confess that I also thought I would find it hard not to give the psychiatrist an earful about what I think a two-year real life test is (unnecessary torture); and that this would also not help those coming along behind me.

I contacted the gender surgery nurse about some post op vaginal belleding, and was seen a few weeks later; and had some revision surgery under anaesthetic.

I therefore think that the point of discharge has fuzzy boundaries.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”