Referral to CX

SarahG

Re: Referral to CX

Postby SarahG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 am

How does the funding work if it's a referral direct from the GP?

Asking on behalf of a friend here whose situation is more complex as she has moved here from Glasgow and was previously being seen by Sandyford and is now stuck in limbo.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:37 pm

So many things have changed of late.

Funding moved from Fundholding practices to PCT and now to Regional 'Clinical Commissioning Groups'.

I find them less sympathetic as they are simply far more detached and cold these days and they are effectively bean counters.

Couple this with an oversubscribed Charing Cross Service.

It is more or less anybody's guess these days how things will play out. Ontop of that there is the finacial hardship and postcode lottery some practitiones and funders are more kewl (Brighton) then say a remote practice with a high pensioner demographic who probably has no clue about trans issues.

The GP may still want local mental Health to review a person to ensure it is something they cannot treat locally - we have all been there.

But as far as I am aware the referral itself and The GP and their relationship to Gender Clinics is still what it always was. They are informed from consultants and CCed into all funding and referrals and diagnoses as always with letter and reports.

The question is really if the person is on a low income they have an understanding GP and a funding body thats not potless then it should go swimmingly :kiss:

Just send them to their GP and request the referral the rest is red tape unfortunately. If they have the money then there are more instant options available from Dr Lorimar and Dr Curtis in their Private Practices.

And like Sandyford this is a self-referral but unfortunately costs in England and Wales!
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 am

I thought the regional commissioning groups had been replaced by NHS England?
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Christine

Postby Christine » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 am

I must admit I've no idea what's going on with that.

I told my friend to take that link on the CX website to show to her GP so he could refer her directly... so he referred her to the local psych team instead. :problem: She's young and she'll get there eventually, but it's irritating. Still, at least it gives her a taste of things to come, I suppose...

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”