Another NHS experience from Hades

hxlady

Re: Another NHS experience from Hades

Postby hxlady » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Use the NHS as it is free and most of the people you meet will be nice and polite especially if they see you as a nice happy female which presumably a year's hormones have made you.

Get a referral to CX ASAP as otherwise things will drag on for years and legally you have the right to demand surgery after 18months hormones and real life anyway and if the UK courts had the backbone to implement Starasbourg verdicts you don't need to prove anything to anyone.

as for costs you'de better start saving big time as private surgery is a lottery as to whether you will need running repairs until things finally get sorted.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Christine

Postby Christine » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:17 pm

This "burden of proof" thing I find quite bothersome, and it's something I'm becoming increasingly worried about. Even though I have lots of dated evidence of two years' RLE, such as my change of name deed, a dated letter from my erstwhile employer, bills, bank statements and a stack of references from friends and acquaintances, I'm deeply concerned that I'm going to get the "job/study/voluntary work or nothing" lecture again: a bit of a non-starter because of the severity of my social phobia. Which although improving, could go on for years at this rate, however much the CX staff might insist that it's just a matter of trying harder (like I haven't spent decades doing that already: it just makes it worse without the underlying problems being fixed). Although I'm not in a rush to share Jane's experiences, I'm also not keen to just be shoved to one side indefinitely either. I'm not sure if that's a realistic worry, but I am worried about it nonetheless.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this topic, I'm just going through a bit of an uncontrollably worried phase at the moment. We need a suitably panicked-looking emote for me to use lots.

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:32 pm

If you can afford to go privately, I think you will find that the hospital stay is nicer.

I had FFS privately and GRS on the NHS, so I experienced both.

But you won’t necessarily get better treatment. My NHS GRS surgeon, Mr. Phil Thomas, does most of the private ones in the UK.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Christine

Postby Christine » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:42 pm

I've long thought that the best combination is likely to be an NHS surgeon in a private hospital. The latter is rather ironic considering that the worst elements of the NHS seem to be as a result of trying to run it as if it were a private concern...

I'm left wondering what to do. Michele had offered to pay for my SRS, but ÂŁ10 grand isn't a trivial amount of money even if she can afford it; but from what I've heard, the way the main hospital at CX is run isn't really any better than the neighbouring GIC.

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:27 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”