Do I need to bring anything to my 5th GIC appt?

sk8er

Do I need to bring anything to my 5th GIC appt?

Postby sk8er » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:12 pm

I've been under CX GIC for 2 years. I have been given hormones and top surgery. At my next appointment, I will have done 2 years of RLE and I am planning to bring up lower surgery. Will I need to bring any documentation to prove my RLE and that I have been working/studying? They have known me for more than 2 years. Will I still need to bring anything even though they know me?
There's a common misconception that FTMs don't have a penis. I have 3. The first one is a micro penis, the second one is inside out and the third one is not attached.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

bethy

Re: Do I need to bring anything to my 5th GIC appt?

Postby bethy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:09 pm

As you have been there for 2 years under their care. Probably not. But it's nice if things have changed and you've got certificates or something to prove you are still wanting the full change. It is always best to have everything with you just in case the topic of how things are going comes up. (Plus it does help, I took things with me each time and it made the process with them much simpler than trying to explain every little aspect of life.) :-)
Never be afraid of who you are.

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Agreed. Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

sk8er

Postby sk8er » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:56 pm

As you have been there for 2 years under their care. Probably not. But it's nice if things have changed and you've got certificates or something to prove you are still wanting the full change. It is always best to have everything with you just in case the topic of how things are going comes up. (Plus it does help, I took things with me each time and it made the process with them much simpler than trying to explain every little aspect of life.) :-)
Hi there Bethy.

Thank you for your reply.
When you say "trying to explain every little aspect of life", can I ask what sort of things you're referring to? I assume you meant employment wise? Surely they wouldn't expect you to tell them about every single aspect about your personal life? ;) Especially because my consultant likes to go off topic so we don't end up talking much about my life at all. Even so, the appointments only last for 20-25 minutes (at least mine don't tend to last longer).

I've never showed them anything other than my deed poll and stuff like name badges etc and a couple of certificates. There's never been any problems and they've never asked to see anything else. I don't mind bringing stuff but I'm not sure what kind of documents they would expect me to bring, if any? What kind of things do people usually show them and why?

Next time, the consultant will ask what I do for a living, and I'll tell them that I (still) work part-time. It's the same job as last time though, and they didn't ask to see proof of employment that time and they didn't express any interest in paperwork at all, so is it likely that they will ask for paperwork this time around (same consultant as 7 months ago)? It's not clear to me what the purpose is of paperwork - what do they want to see and why? Utility bills are probably not that interesting... ?
There's a common misconception that FTMs don't have a penis. I have 3. The first one is a micro penis, the second one is inside out and the third one is not attached.

bethy

Postby bethy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Basically it is constantly going over: Feelings over the years. Family life. Work life. Relationships. What are you going to do in the future. Are you sure this is what you want?

They want to know a lot of your personal life due to the lower body operation can take a drastic turn on anybody whether M2f or F2M. Of which they have to feel comfortable putting you forward for that huge decision.

Yeah sometimes the appointments don't last long and most of the time they don't want to see evidence as they can generally tell that you have brought a bag that only looks big enough to hold A4 documents or smaller. They are happy usually with the little bits and your answers to them.

In the past I shown them Deed Poll, Work Documents, Personal letters from friends and family discussing my transition (this shows the support that I get outside their office). The purpose of paperwork is a 'paper-trail' or 'footprint' that can be followed up if the worse happens and they need extra evidence to support you further.

As it is private & confidential within those walls, the documents shown would be for your own records and not passed through every private sector or not without your verbal/ written consent to do otherwise.
Never be afraid of who you are.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”