Do I need to bring anything to my 5th GIC appt?

sk8er

Re: Do I need to bring anything to my 5th GIC appt?

Postby sk8er » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 pm

bethy wrote:Basically it is constantly going over: Feelings over the years. Family life. Work life. Relationships. What are you going to do in the future. Are you sure this is what you want?

They want to know a lot of your personal life due to the lower body operation can take a drastic turn on anybody whether M2f or F2M. Of which they have to feel comfortable putting you forward for that huge decision.

Yeah sometimes the appointments don't last long and most of the time they don't want to see evidence as they can generally tell that you have brought a bag that only looks big enough to hold A4 documents or smaller. They are happy usually with the little bits and your answers to them.

In the past I shown them Deed Poll, Work Documents, Personal letters from friends and family discussing my transition (this shows the support that I get outside their office). The purpose of paperwork is a 'paper-trail' or 'footprint' that can be followed up if the worse happens and they need extra evidence to support you further.

As it is private & confidential within those walls, the documents shown would be for your own records and not passed through every private sector or not without your verbal/ written consent to do otherwise.

Thanks. My psych has not been clear about any of this at all but I will try to bring something just in case.
When you say personal letters from friends and family, did you ask them to write them specifically for this purpose? I don't normally get personal letters so would have to specifically ask.
There's a common misconception that FTMs don't have a penis. I have 3. The first one is a micro penis, the second one is inside out and the third one is not attached.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

bethy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bethy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 pm

I had them from previous letters, way before the internet was what it was. :-)

What you could do, ask them to hand write it on a piece of tatty paper, still readable and back date the item. It just helps slightly having something older at hand just in case they want to see support and how you've coped since then.
Never be afraid of who you are.

suzi2008uk

Postby suzi2008uk » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:50 am

well for myself i have printed off emails from family a friends so i can keep a foot print how things have been going for me as i transition and i am lucky in one way as being in care help due to all the courses i take each year so lots of certificates as proof. But now days most people only use the internet to send mail and the old days of using the post service has now gone.

Suzi :wave:

bethy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bethy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:04 pm

Yeah that is very true. Also thinking of cost, it's basically *free to send an email and unlimited with videos, pictures, documents, yet to send a large packet with useful info is going to cost about **ÂŁ5.00 at current rate. This is why computers have taken control.

*Small fee to either a BB provider or Mobile company. Either way it works out the same cost to cover net usage.

** This would be to get the item there 'safely.' :lolno:
Never be afraid of who you are.

Christine

Postby Christine » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:22 pm

bethy wrote:Yeah that is very true. Also thinking of cost, it's basically *free to send an email and unlimited with videos, pictures, documents, yet to send a large packet with useful info is going to cost about **ÂŁ5.00 at current rate. This is why computers have taken control.

And it's convenient: I can send emails while not having to get off my fat bum, and the hardest part is remembering where the "send" button is. Whereas actually posting something means paying actual money to buy actual stamps, finding said stamps, swearing a lot when I can't actually find them, going out to buy more stamps, remembering the Post Office isn't open at 2am, going out again to buy more stamps, finding that the Post Office is closed for lunch, going out again to buy more stamps, discovering that it's half day closing, going out again to buy more stamps, finally posting my letter late only to have its intended recipient claim they didn't get it.

I actually like the Post Office, and most of our posties are decent sorts. But I prefer the relative lack of inconvenience of email. Though printed and signed material does have an air of authenticity that printing off my own copy doesn't.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”