1st appointment at CX on Fri. What to bring? What to expect?

SarahG

Re: 1st appointment at CX on Fri. What to bring? What to exp

Postby SarahG » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Christine wrote:Hopefully they'll fax your GP: they don't do it routinely, but it'll make life easier. Otherwise you have to allow a minimum of six weeks for the typing queue at CX to get your letter out, often twice that. Sorry, hope I'm not sounding like a pessimist, it's just that the delays in getting letters out of CX are legendary. I've kind of got used to it now, but it caused me a lot of distress in the early days.

Far from being pessimestic, your warning is very much appreciated.

I think my plan covers that situation, but now I'm thinking I should wait only two weeks to see my GP and then ask him to fax the GIC?

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Christine

Postby Christine » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:56 am

SarahG wrote:I think my plan covers that situation, but now I'm thinking I should wait only two weeks to see my GP and then ask him to fax the GIC?

I think that's a good idea. Even faxes are less than instant at CX but they can speed things a lot, relatively speaking. If my last letter is anything to go by, the queue isn't too bad at present (it took "only" seven weeks to reach me from the time of my appointment) but it's best to be safe...

bethy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bethy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:59 am

There has always been a 6-8 weeks typing queue. I was there from 2008-2011 and even then I was told to wait that time before chasing up anything. Didn't really mind as I knew they were doing their jobs just like anyone else. Don't get me wrong the waiting was a nightmare but what can you do other than to just get on with life. :-)
Never be afraid of who you are.

SarahG

Postby SarahG » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Starting to sound like I may as well just order one more top-up anyway.

Pills.xlsm tells me I have 4 weeks of progynova left, 6.5 weeks of spiro and 8.9 weeks of finasteride.

I hope I don't have to order more spiro, they come in bottles of 100 and most would go to waste.

SarahG

Postby SarahG » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 am

Well it turns out that after the appointment on the 27th, the letter was written on the 4th and arrived with my GP on the 11th.

They sent it to the wrong doctor (It's a group practice) but they certainly didn't take 8 weeks, so credit where credit is due.

This does, however, mean I have a massive surplus of spare estro/spiro/finasteride that cost me money, but it's better than the alternative of having none from either source.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”