1st appointment at CX on Fri. What to bring? What to expect?

Jane_D_C

Re: 1st appointment at CX on Fri. What to bring? What to exp

Postby Jane_D_C » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:54 pm

:) well done! Jane x
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Christine

Postby Christine » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:24 am

It's really nice to hear that it went so well! :) I must admit I'm quite surprised they prescribed hormones already, but it is the responsible thing to do rather than use the guidelines as some immutable rule. Let's hope that the paperwork all gets sorted out now: they don't always lose it. :D

SarahG

Postby SarahG » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Well I have about 6 weeks of estrogen left, and they usually take 1-2 weeks to arrive. I have 8 weeks of spiro left, but need to have a 2 week overlap when they switch me to decapeptyl, so my plan is to book a GP appointment for about a month's time to aim to get that prescription done.

That should give time for the paperwork to get there, while also giving an error margin if they scr*w up and I need to order more of my own.

So far, every single paper based comminication with CX involving me has gone wrong and needed manual intervention from me to sort, so not holding out any hopes for this one to go better.

Christine

Postby Christine » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Hopefully they'll fax your GP: they don't do it routinely, but it'll make life easier. Otherwise you have to allow a minimum of six weeks for the typing queue at CX to get your letter out, often twice that. Sorry, hope I'm not sounding like a pessimist, it's just that the delays in getting letters out of CX are legendary. I've kind of got used to it now, but it caused me a lot of distress in the early days.

emma kate

Postby emma kate » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Well done,so pleased that everything went so well for you.Dr Davies is really nice I say him for my hormone approval appointment and I am seeing him again in march for my surgical assessment appointment.
My letter for hormone prescription took 9 weeks.After 8 weeks I rung cx and was told that if my gp requested a faxed copy they would send it and I got my prescription before the letter arrived.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”