Typing Queue

Steffi

Re: Typing Queue

Postby Steffi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:57 pm

I also was quite sure that it has never said "GIC" or anything similar on the envelope, but wasn't absolutely certain. I have retained all the letters but no envelopes and could not check so did not post comment until now.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

bethy

Postby bethy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Unless this is something new but I have no clue with what comes attached to them now as the last lot of letters I ever got from GIC are dated 2011.

Just hope the letters sent out to those that attend get there on time and not been accidentally posted to the wrong address.
Never be afraid of who you are.

Christine

Postby Christine » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:54 pm

The envelope doesn't say "gender clinic", but I think the point is that the letters do, and they can easily go astray; if someone other than the intended recipient opens them (which is not unlikely: we get a lot of misaddressed mail, and I occasionally open stuff by mistake if I'm not careful to first check that it's for me) then that's quite a serious privacy gaffe that's just happened.

bethy

Postby bethy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:49 pm

That is very true. Post can easily be opened and then you realise that it wasn't meant for you.

There should be another name for the clinic just for people who opt into it, of which can hide names and places of origin of the letter. But you know exactly what the code means and who to contact when you need to. :-)

Bit like morse code but the code was half easily cracked. This system will work better in the mail due to people not that serious about finding more information out about the letter wrongly received.
Never be afraid of who you are.

Christine

Postby Christine » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeah: even just saying "GIC" and giving it some boring corporate logo would likely be enough to put off all but the absolute nosiest! Just brand it "ISO 9001 Quality Assurance" and it's guaranteed that any unintended recipient would find it too soul-destroying to pay any attention. :D

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”