We're cancelling your appt. To the back of the queue you go!

bethy

Re: We're cancelling your appt. To the back of the queue you

Postby bethy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:59 pm

I traveled a long way like most here to CX and one day I turned up they said Dr. Barrett is not in today, we sent a letter out and we phoned. I'm like I did not receive either one of them. I wasted a lot of money and took time out from a voluntary job just for a disappointing message.

Glad it only happened the once and I managed to get an appointment for a few weeks after by constantly disagreeing with the dates they were going to give me.
Never be afraid of who you are.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Christine

Postby Christine » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:13 pm

I've had one appointment with a lead clinician cancelled at three days' notice, one with another clinician cancelled at less than one day's notice, two "DNA"s with a psychotherapist due to them not actually telling me about the appointments in question, two appointments where they gave me less than a week's notice that they were happening... More appointments have been screwed up than not. What with that and the infamously long typing queue that goes back years, CX really needs much better management.

It's almost unbelievable that it seems that everybody who's attended CX has the same story.

It's rather laughable that their letterhead says "we care to make the difference": I guess like any organisation with an overly-earnest name or mission statement, its actual intent can be ascertained by assuming the opposite.

Edit: God, I really do seem to be in full-on peeved mode today. I mustn't have eaten enough chocolate.

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:37 am

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

bethy

Postby bethy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:34 am

It just seems there is not enough communication going on with each staff member at CX, they might need a little bit of training to just talk to each other so the correct message gets to the right person.
Never be afraid of who you are.

Christine

Postby Christine » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:41 am

It just seems there is not enough communication going on with each staff member at CX, they might need a little bit of training to just talk to each other so the correct message gets to the right person.
Yeah, their communication seems to be fundamentally broken, and it seems that it's as frustrating for the clinicians as it is the patients. What strikes me is that they're very stringent on DNAs, but from where I'm standing, I wouldn't be surprised if the single largest cause is their own maladministration. Although lack of funding is often blamed, there seems to be a number of entrenched problems there that have other causes. Lack of funding doesn't cause people I speak to on the phone to be rude to me and not pass on messages, for instance.

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”