We're cancelling your appt. To the back of the queue you go!

Christine

Re: We're cancelling your appt. To the back of the queue you

Postby Christine » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:59 am

Love it if you could join us in the chat room even if you can't do skype? But you could do Skype Audio and no video I could put a phone image up for your face :)x
Sorry, I just couldn't face talking about it with others around the same point: I find it's really triggering both my anxiety and dysphoria. I feel incredibly guilty that I feel jealous of people who've had better luck than me with CX and who have reached the end of their journey or have a realistic chance of doing so in the foreseeable future. :/ I'm getting so tied up in knots after all the cancellations, delays, excuses and questionable clinical decisions that my dysphoria is getting worse than it was pre-transition.
Am I being really dense but I don't see the link. Where is it?
Thanks
I'm not sure offhand, so here is an interesting open letter someone wrote recently. There's also this petition about the general state of chaos with surgical referrals.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:10 am

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christine

Re: We're cancelling your appt. To the back of the queue you

Postby Christine » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 am

So I got a reply back from CX via PALS. A bit of a mixed bag but overall not very impressive.

The good news is that they've agreed to refund my travel and accommodation expenses, though we'll see if they actually honour that.

The less good news is they're taking no real responsibility for the problems, which they conveniently blamed on sickness and "emergency leave", whatever that is. Which is frankly bollocks considering they still had over a month to inform me and they did indeed inform me by phone when they wanted to reschedule Dr Seal's appointment at the last minute: why not tell me about Dr Lorimer's cancellation at the same time?

They also alleged it caused a delay in sending out the rescheduling notices, which doesn't ring true as my appointment wasn't rescheduled until I turned up on the day.

As for my complaint about having an extra two months to wait, the response was pretty much "that's the way it is, deal with it". They explained that appointments are made months in advance, etc etc: I know. I'd already been waiting months for my appointment.

Whatever I think about Dr Lorimer going on study leave at such short notice, I think the clinic should have rescheduled patient appointments to cause the minimum delay as a matter of priority. They didn't.

They did offer their "sincere apologies", but it feels like a bit of an empty gesture when they weren't prepared to offer anything where it really mattered.

I've informed PALS that I'm not satisfied with the response from CX and will be escalating it to an official complaint.

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Return to “Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic”