What are you reading?

News and information about the trans art world.
Ace-Lance
TZVSG Skype Regular
TZVSG Skype Regular

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Ace-Lance » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Lairiana wrote:
Lancewolf3 wrote:I read a lot. especially thanks to having a kindle App on My phone.
Right now Reading Blue Black Blade, not very far into it had to put it on hold. but its fantasy novel. which is what i tend to read. but i like to try new Series and books all the time. Got any Suggestions?

Black Blade Blues (I assume that's the one you mean) is one of the best fantasy books I've read this year.

main Character is a blacksmith named Sarah. yes thank you. like i said its on hold on the moment. its in storage.but good to know its gonna be good. and at least i remembered the colors and blade :gigglersx:
"If you Stand for Nothing, You will fall For anything"
"a Sound soul, Dwells within a Sound body, and a Sound mind."

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Cassie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Cassie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Ah. We already have a What are you reading thread in Social chit chat: http://forum.transgenderzone.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=243

For me... more Sherlock Holmes at the moment.

AbracaDebra

Postby AbracaDebra » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:56 pm

This is a test to see just how high brow you are with your reading.

Have any of you read any books from the pen of Umberto Eco ? :D

Cassie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Cassie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 pm

My mum has a lot of Umberto Eco. I started Foucault's Pendulum because it sounded interesting but I didn't get very far. I usually fall foul of dyslexia - books have to be written in a certain way otherwise they become too difficult and I bail out because I lose patience :oops:

Edit: I've just looked him up and i've read "The Name of the Rose" doh :roll: I have a soft spot for mediaeval stories - don't think it's that high-brow though - FP was.

AbracaDebra

Postby AbracaDebra » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 pm

No, The Name of the Rose isn't. It's living memory to me is that it's very depressing (or was that just the film?).
I loved reading Foucaults Pendulum, on each of the 5 occasions I have started and restarted it so far. One day I will get beyond the first quarter.
At present I am drifting through the early chapters of The Island of the Day Before. It amazes me in that it has the ability(?) to cover a whole chapter where most writers would use a page. With my style of re-reading a sentence until I see what the writer is fully getting at, this can take considerable time. :crazy:

Return to “Literature, Music, Dramatic Arts and Exhibitions”