Early Make-up Application

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion.
Ma'at

Early Make-up Application

Postby Ma'at » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:20 pm

There's lots of tutorials for applying women's make-up out there, but what about applying make-up in a more subtle matter to smooth out the features prior to starting hormones? I'd like to approach the use of make-up the same way as I am clothes; one little step at a time. My hope would be to reach a more androgynous look before moving closer to the female end of the spectrum.

I'm also cautious about the use of foundation as it can do terrible damage to the skin over time. My skin is quite nice as it is, and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm not really sure how to go about finding the correct shade either.

Would a tinted moisturiser be the way to go? What about liquid?

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Early Make-up Application

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Max Factor Panstick one shade lighter than your own skin tone apply with finger tips.

It is very good even survived windsurfing when I was younger LOL a real pour filler for those with pock marked faces.

The finsh with Max Factor Creme Puff and a big soft badger or Blusher brush or similar. That gets rid of the greasy look and sets it matte.

It lasts ages and Hollywood actors and HD television relies on it more than ever today now :)
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ma'at

Postby Ma'at » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Max Factor Panstick one shade lighter than your own skin tone apply with finger tips … a real pour filler for those with pock marked faces.
How do I measure the shade of my skin? Also, I should really avoid a pore filler probably would probably be best avoided in my case as it's more likely to lead to a pock-marked face. I have a few blemishes here and there, but not enough to warrant a heavier concealer. I want my skin to breath somewhat.

The canvas I have to work with is that of a thin male in his early 20s (I'm 26 but I've always looked a few years younger than my actual age).

Steffi

Postby Steffi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:47 am

picking a shade........that's why they have "testers" on the make-up stands, so that you can try it out.

Find a part of your hand or wrist that matches the shade of your neck and apply a bit from the tester to it.
The correct shade is the one that is of matching colour and blends in as perfectly as possible.
Just to be sure, try it on your neck - there is always a mirror nearby.

If you are concerned about being seen then go to another town and go into a big place like Boots or Superdrug.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Cassie

Postby Cassie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:15 pm

A lot of it depends on how much beard you need to cover. The more you have the more foundation you need. It's actually okay for a guy to try foundation in a shop because you could be going on stage or into a TV studio. Alternatively if you have a close female relative with a similar skin tone you can ask her what she uses.

A tinted moisturiser is just what it is - fake tan essentially - get the proper stuff. I use a liquid foundation (Estee Lauder Double-Wear #01) if I'm going to work as it keeps what's left of my beard hidden for the whole day. I use EL Double-Wear Light which is more of a cream if I'm popping out for part of a day and I use less of it focussing on the most important areas. Both of these cover the blemishes. I've also used the equivalent No.7 products in the past which were fine also. Assuming you're pale skinned you'll probably want one of the lighter shades so if you don't fancy asking just have a go - see if you can get free samples too - often in magazines like Women's Own etc.

Return to “Female Fashion, Beauty and Male Grooming”