Epilating

A board for discussions on clothes, shoes make-up FTM male grooming, hair and fashion.
WeWantWaffles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Epilating

Postby WeWantWaffles » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Body only, not the face! There are three temporary hair-removal methods that I know of. Well, more or less anyway.. I'm just going to stuff all forms of waxing into one, and I'm not sure about those creams that can burn you if you leave them on for too long. So anyway: Shaving, waxing, and epilating.

I've done the shaving first (like duh!), though hair regrows too quickly. I don't want to do it every three our four days.. I may have some time on my hands, but it's still unpleasant, and people will start asking questions about my lengthy bathroom hours.*
* on the plus side, I just realized this is a situation where saying 'masturbating' is less awkward than the truth

Waxing then - doesn't hurt for me. Not usually anyway. But it annoys me. It sticks, it fails to get all the hair even on repeated tries, and then there's the whole cleanup. While I prefer it to shaving (sometimes..), I just don't like doing it at all. Pain is not an issue, just the method annoys me.

Lastly, using an epilator. I'd like to know what it is like. Does it hurt more than waxing? I don't mind that - it'll be a good pain if it's more efficient. This brings me to my second question; is it easier to use than wax?

Thanks!
- Sarah
And at the end of it all, I just want them to say; "Oh, that Sarah. She was a pretty awesome chick."

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Steffi

Re: Epilating

Postby Steffi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Shaving sucks!
- altho the initial feeling for the rest of the day is fabulous because a naked blade also exfoliates and leaves your skin ultra-smooth and ultra sensitive.
But it grows out REALLY quickly and what grows through is immediately very coarse, in the same way as sawn-off tree-trunks, whereas waxing and epilating remove the hair and leave fine regrowth, like new saplings.

Waxing is tedious and messy using the traditional pots/spatula etc.
However, I discovered and used for years the One Touch Waxing System. This is now discontinued, but THIS appears to be the identical product with a new name.
There is an electrical wax-warmer into which you place plastic bottles of wax. There is a head to scr*w onto the bottles with a plastic roller, so you apply the wax as if using an electric shaver/paint-rollering a wall.
I used it for years and thought it was wonderful. Still have the unit.

Now however, I use an electric epilator.
I use a fairly cheap one, the Phillips Satinelle Soft.
It is not quite as good as waxing, but it is SO much faster, less messy and more convenient.
The fab thing is that once your legs are clear, you can then touch up in a couple of minutes as and when required - e.g. if when I'm putting my tights on in the morning I notice that my calves are getting a bit hairy, I can quickly sort them with a 5 minute buzz-over.

Pain - it can hurt a little but it's fairly minor and easy to bear. Starting for the first time from full male leg-hair would be ouchy! But once you're dealing with fine regrowth it's a breeze.
As with waxing - or for that matter close-shaving - sometimes one gets a couple of in-grown hairs which soon turn into "spots" The trick if that happens is to use a needle tip to fish the hair out, so it can be plucked with tweezers - if you leave it, then it will fill up and become a spot, which eventually pops, releasing the trapped hair.

I'm very happy to use my epilator for 4+ years now and would recommend this option for its ease, cheapness and convenience.
(-Of course, if I was stinking rich, I'd probably go for a salon-wax once a month :tongueoutx: )
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

WeWantWaffles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby WeWantWaffles » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 pm

You get an A+ on that essay! This has been very helpful, thank you so much <3

(I used to be a dream theater fan too!)
- Sarah
And at the end of it all, I just want them to say; "Oh, that Sarah. She was a pretty awesome chick."

Different_Trains

Postby Different_Trains » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:02 pm

I have found waxing works best for me. What also works well is an electric epilator and an "epi-stick", which is basically a big spring that grabs the hairs several at a time and rips them out.

The benefit of epilation rather than depilation (such as shaving, creams etc) is that over time the hair should become gradually softer. Of course if you are going on female hormones this will happen anyway. I don't know your situation.

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:33 pm

I really should wear more skirts - I have good pins :) Kinda Beyonce Knowles Click to see what I mean - type - dancer's legs.

When I was young my mum used to say - (she was an ex dancer choreographer and dancing school tutor), nightmare for me as you can imagine I wanted to be those girls - ho hum. She said, "you have Dancer's legs", "you should have been born a girl with those legs!" LOL - she found out many years later that she was right LOL.

So I don't mind showing them, I have found since GRS my upper leg hair is less heavy going, almost overnight, and the rest grows far less quickly. I am lazy though I tend to do everything in the bath in one hit. Wash hair rinse apply conditioner, then leave that then work on the body soap etc, then lie back and soak and 'do the legs' with a razor. Then under arms I have a little secret, use a small pool /puddle of baby oil in the palm of your hand and apply that to the underarm before shaving - even if wet - prevents rashing - got that tip watch Nikki Grahame in Big Brother washing of all things ;). Then thats it - all sorted for a little while longer. Daily its hair and make-up. and I sometimes don't bother with make-up.

Face I use a Electrolysis machine and did my chest and stomach with that may start on genitals and legs with that but it is endless :)P
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Female Fashion, Beauty and Male Grooming”