Re: HollyOaks Transsexual FTM Thread - Jason

Place to discuss the FTM character in Hollyoaks British (UK) Teen Soap Drama
quackers

Postby quackers » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:44 pm

All I can say this that if Hollyoaks bore any relation to the real world, the school secretary who altered Jason's letter would be sacked instantly.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:08 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 711519460A

Hollyoaks' Victoria Atkin has admitted playing transgender teenager Jason Costello has "been a test of my inner strength".
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19 pm

HollyOaks Transgender FTM Storyline thread hits over 10500 views :)

Our hookup with E4 as a support resource for the Hollyoaks programme has allowed us to follow this storyline in great detail. http://www.e4.com/hollyoaks/help-and-su ... ender.html

No other site is following Jason apart from E4 themselves as much as we are :)

And so many want to know what's happening without having to watch the whole show for just the transgender bits.

Time consuming to do but worthwhile as our hit rate shows :)P

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:10 pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/h ... -soap.html

Digital Spy can exclusively reveal that Victoria Atkin, who plays transgender teen Jason Costello, will be departing the show.

Atkin, 24, revealed the news to us when we paid a recent visit to the Hollyoaks set, explaining that she feels like it's the right time for her to move on after more than a year in the role of Jason.

The actress added: "Playing Jason has been a phenomenal first role out of drama school. I feel extremely blessed to have performed such a didactic and challenging role.

"I would like to thank everyone for an immensely rewarding year, Jason has been an incredible part however I am now very excited to explore what other roles the industry has to offer."

A Hollyoaks insider told Digital Spy: "Bosses really don't want to spoil the outcome of the big Costello stories that are playing throughout autumn and winter, so they won't say how Jason will leave the show.

"News of Victoria's departure is likely to cause a lot of speculation among viewers, though, as there's already been quite a few fans wondering whether Jason could become a victim of his killer grandfather Silas further down the line. Silas once murdered his own wife, so you just can't put anything past him.

"Whatever happens, the Costellos are going to be devastated when the truth about Silas is revealed and Jason has already had a really tough time in the village with all of the Bart and Sinead dramas. Even if he doesn't get killed off, he's unlikely to get a happy ending."

Meanwhile, a Hollyoaks spokesperson told us: "We can confirm that Victoria will be leaving the show but to avoid spoiling the forthcoming stories for viewers, we can't confirm how or when the character will depart."

Atkin joined the cast of Hollyoaks in summer 2010 and viewers have watched a long journey for her character over the past year as Jasmine started to make the transformation to Jason.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks to Catherine Baker over at TMW on FB for the DS scoop, we have been following this very closely over at transgenderzone.com and have every clip she played archived, viewforum.php?f=48 for the full story. I will reserve judgement but this is a problem with cisgender people playing trans roles as they can walk away from them, they cannot progress, as she would be starting T and i feel could have gone away and come back as a genuine FTM post T at somestage in another guise (An actual trans actor?) - maybe this is what they will do. But like Marcia in Coronation St, the writers have exhausted the trans storyline and have now thought we have got what we wanted and 'bored now'. Its a shame they didn't see this through, I mean they could bring in another actor, they did with Ben in Eastenders. I think the writers simply cannot see transpeople as more than one dimensional characters in soaps, and Like Hayley in Corrie once the shock is gone their storyline become very lack luster. Almost either shock and awe or wallpaper. Its time to bring in 'the real thing!' a transgender man or woman and have them as a permanent or at least a long term staple people can grow with.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “HollyOaks Transgender Forum”