Re: HollyOaks Transsexual FTM Thread - Jason

Place to discuss the FTM character in Hollyoaks British (UK) Teen Soap Drama
Flameboy

Re: HollyOaks Transgender FTM Thread Comment and Discussion

Postby Flameboy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 pm

[quote="Cassie"I don't honestly think you could use a trans actor to play this part. At that age it would probably require someone to play the part whilst doing their own transition and who on earth would want to do that? How many trans people are well enough in control to become a decent actor by such an age...? I'd be interested to know if there are any suitable actors in the world. Whatever happens the small numbers of trans people mean that we are unlikely to find someone who matches the needs of the part, and at rock bottom most trans people just want to blend into the background and live their own lives which means the numbers willing to act, or put themselves forward in any other way will always be quite limited.[/quote]
Indeed - very well put! Even if I could act, I wouldn't want to play a pre or early transition FTM, that would be hell. And pretty much all the other FTMs I know feel similarly - why on earth would they want to be on TV or in a film dressing up as what they've spent years getting away from!

Also, I still remember the first lesbian relationship in soapland - Beth and Margaret in Brookside - which was also a groundbreaking storyline, played by straight actors. Everyone I knew was so chuffed to see the storyline that they weren't bothered in the slightest by the sexuality of the actors - people were just hoping that the scripts were well written and portrayed lesbians in a positive light.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 am

Looks like a dry filming week this [they have to shoot it sometime for us to see i guess like one week on one week off] week for Jaz/Jason will let you know as soon as the storyline returns

this week jaz's family are hosting a fashion show at the SU (student's Union) Bar so no sign of Jaz so far this week :) apart from Mitzeee mentioning she must be sexually active with Bart to hir mother
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:53 am

Jason is back after a week of filming absence catch up now
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=434&p=7226#p7226

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Alan

Postby Alan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:04 pm

I don't normally watch Hollyoaks, or any of the soaps for that matter, but I sat through an episode last week out of curiosity.
From the little I've seen, I think they're handling the Jason storyline very well. I hope they carry on in a positive way and don't resort to the traditional "transgender people are out to deceive you" line.

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:56 pm

yeah

but if you do not have much time all you need to know is added to this forum here daily so very quick for you to catch up :)x

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=434

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “HollyOaks Transgender Forum”