HollyOaks Transgender FTM Storyline

Place to discuss the FTM character in Hollyoaks British (UK) Teen Soap Drama
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: HollyOaks Transgender FTM Storyline

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Jason's Mother has been murdered (mistaken identity) by his grandfather in a botched attempt to attack another woman (his daughter Jason's mother) in a similar Halloween outfit.

His grandfather has been arrested and taken into custody.

This leaves Jason at the center of a nightmare.

His older brother Riley not only found out at wedding his father had been sleeping with his intended, she was then kidnapped pregnant (revenge) by his serial killing grandfather before the murder of his mother.

She was later rescued by Riley and his father from their pub cellar - where she gave birth in the hands of Riley.

Jason's father has returned, but Seth (Jason's twin) is not happy about it.

J - "She's gone dad - she's really gone hasn't she?"

Jason's problems are long since forgotten amongst this tidal wave.

Seth blames Jason because of his tantrums over blockers and storming out Riley didn't accompany his mum to the party as he was waiting for Jason to come home.

Bart (Jason's Ex and someone he still loves secretly deep down) is now also a bit lost. Firstly he doesn't know what to say to Jason, and Sinead (his ex GF) looks like she is moving away.

Bart embraces Jason and makes peace outside the hospital where Mercedes (Riley's ex-fiance is recovering with the baby).

Their friends are cold, "If there was one psycho in the family there is likely to be another!"

But Jason and Seth overhear and tell them to get lost.

They feel so guilty that they decide to organise a vigil.

Seth shouts at Jason at home, but realises he is punishing his brother who simply cannot take anymore and they embrace.

And the community comes together to honour the lives of those Silas has killed.

Jason says to Bart that life is all too short and he should make up with Sinead before it is too late and tell her how he feels.

The next day Jason sees Bart and advises him again to speak to Sinead upon parting he looks back longingly at Jason, but when he tries she is having none of it.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Jason convinces Bart to follow Sinead to London where she is about to become a 'roadie' for a band and tell her that he loves her.

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Jason's father understands that in the wake of the family difficulties (to put it mildly) that he must get away and he has the opportunity to go to the USA and teach soccer (as an ex England striker). He however wants his boys to come too, but only Jason is prepared to forgive him - Seth is not going and is hostile to the idea.

Carl Costello (Jason's dad) sweetens the idea by telling him it will be a clean break a new start and he can expedite his treatment. Jason likes the idea of starting afresh where no one knows him as Jasmine - and agrees.

The house is in turmoil so Riley finally takes control of his younger siblings and says, "come with me!"

"Where are we going(?), they ask, "Come on!"

They arrive at an old beech tree. Lets climb it!

The boys seem perplexed, but agree to after Riley explains that they used to do this when they were young and everything was right with the world, it was a place they bonded as children, and Jason was there too as Jasmin (a tomboy).

Riley - In the tree - Riley utters these moving words, "seriously whatever happens, wherever we are, we will always be brothers!"

Jason's father - The flights are for tomorrow!"
Jason - Are you serious?!"

Seth storms off unhappy his brother is betraying him by leaving so soon.

The reason they need to leave so soon is a soccer academy place has opened up for his father (an ex pro footballer), and they want him there to 'meet and schmooze' potential investors.

But Jason needs to say goodbye to his best friend Bart.

Bart - "Is this the last time I'll see yah? We can Skype?" "Once you've settled over there I'll come out and visit yah!"

"And you'll visit back over here?!"
Jason -"I'm never coming back here!"
Bart - "What are you talking about?""Course you are!"
Jason - "And you are not visiting me!"
Bart - "Why not?"
Jason - "Because I want to start again.""Somewhere where no one know who or what I was before!"
Bart Nods appreciatively.
Jason - "So this really is goodbye!""I will never forget you Bart McQueen!"

Seth later has it out with his father and tells him what he truly thinks of him and how he feels he has failed his family.

Seth - "All my life you have held me down you treat me like the runt of the family, Riley is special and Jason is special because he is well 'Jason' - but what have I got?" "I'll tell you what I have got, I am a decent person and what you did was wrong, and the way you treated mum - you always let this family down and you will let Jason down!"

The long goodbye

[With this music from Keane playing in the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0idn1SpsTGo - very well chosen tune.]

Jason and his father leave for the taxi. Waiting is Bart ... No words just a 'come here' embrace ...

... and Seth then apolgises to Jason.

Seth - I just want you to know, I understand why you need to go!"
Jason - "Oh Seth."

Seth - "No, just listen, I have just made all this a lot harder for you than it already is!""I'm so sorry!"
Jason -"So am I."
Seth - "For what? Being stronger than I could ever hope to be?"
Jason - tearfully, "You're brave, I am running away!
Seth - "You are not running away!""You are being who you were supposed to be!""Like you always have!"

Carl - "to his boys who are not coming, "there will always be a ticket for yah!"

Seth finally embraces his father.

They get into the cab, smile at one another and with a wave from Bart they are away.

One final knowing smile from Jason seals his dream of now becoming a man in a new world.

Fades to black.

PS nice touch him leaving with the same hat he started out with covering his long golden hair.

And so this chapter of Hollyoaks draws to a close, I hope you have enjoyed our coverage of the soap and we would like to thank E4 for listing us as a support resource for the show. It has been by no means easy to clip and list every single clip of screen-time to video and archive it, and then screenshot and list the story here too, but I am sure you will agree it was worth it.

Who knows maybe in 2 years Jason will be back after testosterone in the shape of an actual FTM Man and a new actor, a golden opportunity for this to happen is a few years away but lets hope they think about it.

THE END [maybe?]

Ice Maiden on behalf of the Tzoneteam.

If you'd like to comment on our coverage or this storyline you can do so here:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=453

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30