Transgender Media Archives Discussion

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Transgender Media Archives Discussion

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri May 28, 2010 10:54 am

Ok this is basically somewhere to update you on what we are currently digitising

I have started today with this and will basically play a VHS Tape through Scart box with a scart bridge that has SVHS and phono plugs on it then the lead from that will go into the tv screen with volume down the leads will travel to a Canopus ADVC 110 and then via firewire into a XP3 Machine specially set aside only to do this i have now got 2 TB of storage if i need it but will work on one video at a time - recording in real time allows me to make notes that i will place here about what programs they are and what clips

i am unlikely to be able to list everything as thats impractical when there are years and years of stuff but the stuff i think is interesting i may screen shot and explain a little more about in the future

some video is very poor quality and very 'noisy' and the audio is too these will require more TLC that requires perhaps taking the video clip into sony sound forge removing the noise taking the audio track back into sony vegas where it will be treated using a plugin called Neat Video that should take care of the rest. This though can take many hours to process so effectively maybe knocking out the machine for perhaps 2 days whilst it processes then finally i chop up the clips and save them to .wmv format hi quality

from there they will be saved to DVDs and EXT HDD in pairs so for example i create 2 dvds and transfer two identical clips to each hard drive. The video thats tolerable noise wise i will not treat unless i have to use the clips for any reason i will then clean as and when the bad stuff i will treat

ok i will create a new thread listing the vids beside this and look there to find out what is going on
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Archiving Begun

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri May 28, 2010 11:11 am

There are some real gems in all this and perhaps clips you would long to see bound to happen

but its fun looking back and it shows the journey we have been on :)Xxx

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:13 pm

WOW that tape one too 4 days to complete 1 day to capture one day for each quater of the video to be converted and that didnt even need a clean up - this is i feel gunna be a long haul! ;X)

This is why the BBC and animation studios etc have 'Render Farms'

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Flameboy

Postby Flameboy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:26 pm

This is a fascinating project IM - I'm really enjoying seeing what else you have there. What are you going to do with all the stuff once it's completed - will it be available to people to watch or have copies of?

:-)

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:04 am

well its a lot easier to run off copies for various private study when its digitised

yeah it is interesting to watch this is only the tip of the iceberg seriously remember this is only the tapes i have already got 5 years of digital already :)))

there must be 30 8 hour LP tapes there and the box is still full =( so this is gonna take months and month to do - id suggest anyone interested in this to hold fire and wait and see what emerges - of course there are some real gems in there - i particularly made a special fuss of 'a change of sex' as thats truly a great documentary and that has not been equaled since - i managed to get that back from quite ropey to better than dvd took a week just rendering that alone!!! =)

i seem to be always saving up LOL but ideally id need a i7 pc to eat through this but dont hold yer breth for now i will have to settle for a trusty old Athlon 2600XP (on XP3) machine working away in the corner day and night - it is dedicated only to this task

other notes and important stuff
the really important stuff can take a few days to digitize as i use a clean up program and every frame has to be denoised and sometimes sound improved too so 45 mins can take 4 days to do!!! =)

so thats why there are sometimes big gaps but i can denoise after the fact if something is of particular interest the main thing is to get it off the tapes as they are vulnerable to degrade

i burnt 5 dvds yesterday plus i have it on HDD too this will be doubled up onto 2 1 TB HDD identical clones should one fail and that will be stored with silica gel in foam somewhere away from the first

each vieo capture ends up as an uncompressed 70GB video file that then has to be edited =)))x

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Media Archives”